DD Subs?

I could do the 3510's. Would 1000rms each be good for them? I want to give them a lot of power, but don't want to blow them.
The 1008's are so tempting though. They are really inexspensive, and throwing a bunch in there would be cool.

But most likely I will go with the 3510's. The 95's I would do, butI just don't feel like making the necessary electrical upgrades to be able to fully power them.
The 8's are nice and again the trunk is tiny...Really you would be limited too about 4 1008a's in that space...2 DD 3510's will work in the same space as 3 1008a's....as far as a single 12 The two 10's would get louder...I'm powering two 3510's in my CRX right now on a single IA 20.1 at 1/2 ohm mono and that thing gets really crazy...It will probally be a couple of months on the 96 mustang install...I'm in the process of ripping everything out...repainting it and redoing the exhaust...The reason I'm taking everything out is...because I don't trust my equipment in a paint shop...lol

PICT0016.jpg

thats sq at its finest
**** where you get somethin like that from?

The 8's are nice and again the trunk is tiny...Really you would be limited too about 4 1008a's in that space...2 DD 3510's will work in the same space as 3 1008a's....as far as a single 12 The two 10's would get louder...I'm powering two 3510's in my CRX right now on a single IA 20.1 at 1/2 ohm mono and that thing gets really crazy...It will probally be a couple of months on the 96 mustang install...I'm in the process of ripping everything out...repainting it and redoing the exhaust...The reason I'm taking everything out is...because I don't trust my equipment in a paint shop...lol
when i was taking everything out of my truck, i found bondo and **** splattered all over the backside of one of my zapco mids. i was so pissed. i sent my truck to the body shop to have some warranty paint work done and they left the door panel off and the door open so all the stuff from the other cars in the shop ended up in my door. and thats the best body shop in town, figure that, we do nice work but dont give a **** about respecting your stuff.

You dont see them in the SQ lanes because they simply aren't suited to that type of setup very well, not because they are hand-made. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Again, not bashing these drivers... guess what, I LOVE 9500's, I just think some people are getting a bit carried away with their opinion of the speaker's abilities.
No speaker yet has had the ability to get loud like a 9500 (ot MT, BTL etc) while maintaining SQ like an IDQ, ava or Brahma. Yet it seems like DD fans constantly try to convince us that's exactly what the 9500 does.

SQ and personal preference are two different things. I can appreciate you like your bass as clean as possible, but evevn you admit you like your music bass heavy. This should not translate into "SQ".

All Im asking is that we remain realistic here. The 9500's are beasts no doubt, but they are no SQ queens. Placing in the same "SQL" categories as many other subs Ive mentioned gives a skewed view of their true performance. The 9500 was built to belt out big numbers in the lanes, but they also can sound good in a daily system... yes Ive heard 9500 systems that sounded ... 'good', Ive yet to hear one that came anywhere near sounding great tho. Maybe L_CRX will be the first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thats an understandable and well thought out post. I believe anything above so loud shouldn't even be considered to be SQ or "SQL", I don't really believe in either term to the fullest as they vary very often, even though they're are alot of subs out there that sound like complete crap. Different strokes for different folks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think the whole push for the new term 'SQL' has been from the die-hard SQ guys stating nothing over 126db counts. So either your system is only barely able to overcome road noise (SQ), or its an all-out SPL rig. That leaves out alot of people (hte majority) who want their category as well. SQL, the have your cake and eat it too category.

I dunno, Im not saying anyone here is doing this, but Ive just seen too many people say how great their new system sounds, only to listen to it and it sounds awful. But hey, it shakes the mirror just so, or you can hear it clearly from outside the car, so to the owner every product in his system has great 'SQ'. We've all seen it before probably. Sometimes its hard to sift through the subjective reviews vesus the more biased review by a proud new owner. This is why I love reviews like the great 8 challenge, the reviewers basically aren't owners and have very little or nothing at stake in the results.

DD9500's were around before the term SQL even existed (or at least was common enough to be spoken here). The term SQL got popular when subs like the W7 and IDMax came out (iirc).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.