Hifonics BXi 1206D overkill for a TC-1000?

Big Dee
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
It's rated as 900 watts @ 2 ohms and the sub is rated for 400 watts rms.

I've heard that a lot of the TC subs are rated conservatively. I don't expect to push all 800 or so watts that the amp would actually put out, but can I expect at least 6-700? Right now I only have about 350 watts pushing it an I know it can take more.

It's a 12" TC-1000 in a 1.4 cu ft sealed box.

Sub specs.

Double stacked 1" tall ferrite magnets

• 150oz motor structure

• 2" diameter, 4-layer aluminum wire voice coil

• xmax of 24mm (one way linear travel)

• Single poly-cotton spider with intergraded woven leads

• Cast aluminum basket with high gloss power coating

• Either single or dual 4Ω aluminum voice coil with four layers of wire

• 400 watts sustained (1000 watts dynamic)

• High quality thermal flexible epoxies to ensure longevity

• Rigid lightweight brushed aluminum cone

• Vented flared pole piece

• Copper shorting ring

• Rubber half roll surround allows for linear travel

• Dressed in a rubber magnet boot and gasket

did u already buy the amp?

if not then it'd be stupid not to buy the 1606d when its like an additional $15...

and just watch the gains...

did u already buy the amp?
if not then it'd be stupid not to buy the 1606d when its like an additional $15...

and just watch the gains...

I haven't bought it yet. The places that I looked at had about a 40-50 dollar difference between the 2. Do you know of a good place to get these amps?

I'm gonna get one of them. It will be nice knowing that I will never be short of power.

I currently have that bxi 1206d and a 12" tc2+, which was what came before the the tc 1,000. i have a svc 4ohm getting around 450wrms and it sounds great, now to be honest the hifonics in my opinion doesent put out the rated power, but it still sounds good. I dont know if your hu has a bass level control for the sub, but the remote control knob that comes with the amp controls the bass boost instead of the gains, which can be a pain or rather defeat the purpose of having the knob. 900 maybe be pushing it for 1, b/c im getting another tc2+ and running both svc 4 to 2 ohm, to get 900wrms total. If the tc2+ is any indication of the tc 1000 will sound like, you will not be dissappointed

p.s. ebay has the best prices on these, i got mine for $180 shipped

To be honest with you, tc sounds is still running the special for the 12" tc 1000 for $159 + shipping which is only $20. if you really want it sound good, just get another 4 ohm woofer, and have it wired to 2 ohms, so it will see 450w per woofer for a total of 900. another woofer with give you 3db, and you wont have to worry about burning up the voice coil, since they'll only be seeing 450wrms. Thats actually what im doing now with the same amp and 2 12" tc2+. Sound quality is great for the money. extremely low distortion

I got my BXi 1606 from onlinecarstereo.com. I think the thing kills. I have it running 2 kicker compvr 12's in a slot port at 4-ohms. I have never had it get warm, might be b/c its fricking winter out but I have the gain cranked reasonably high and I haven't gone easy on it in a while. There is however a slight turn-off noise, but it at least lets me know that it is off when the car is off , and not draining my battery. just my 2 cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.