Dd = sql?

you have a small sig...
anyways, pretty clean huh? have you done a direct swap test with any other driver??
Didnt know i had too... ive heard enough systems over the last 15+ years to be able to judge what "i think" is clean. Sorry if you misconstrued my post as some sort of fact based testing.

just something quick I threw together, definitely not a final thing.
avalancheblowthrough15abc1.png

avalancheblowthrough15abc2.png
Reconed DD9515F in an ABC??? Why do you say ABC???

Hell, you don't even have an idea of the actual T/s of this sub w/ new suspension/recone.

I have only seen DD95's work well in an ABC on a few occasions. And then it was smaller diameter (10/12") and in a hatchback.

Again I ask....why do you recommend ABC?

Given the high motor force and the blow-thru setup (yes, i don't know the exact T/s either of this recone setup), I would likely recommend something along the lines of a series tuned 6th order, or possibly a 'normal' vented enclosure.

Wow tons of horrible info from people in this thread about DD.

You have to work a bit more on the enclosure but they can sound great if done correctly. Most that think other wise have not really tried to get the most from their drivers.

With that said, DD does have a bit of a pricing issue for most.

Reconed DD9515F in an ABC??? Why do you say ABC???Hell, you don't even have an idea of the actual T/s of this sub w/ new suspension/recone.

I have only seen DD95's work well in an ABC on a few occasions. And then it was smaller diameter (10/12") and in a hatchback.

Again I ask....why do you recommend ABC?

Given the high motor force and the blow-thru setup (yes, i don't know the exact T/s either of this recone setup), I would likely recommend something along the lines of a series tuned 6th order, or possibly a 'normal' vented enclosure.
of course you would, they work well in 6th orders. And yes actually I do have dd's 9515 t/s. come back at me when your 15's are more then 3db louder then my 10's

Wow tons of horrible info from people in this thread about DD.
You have to work a bit more on the enclosure but they can sound great if done correctly. Most that think other wise have not really tried to get the most from their drivers.

With that said, DD does have a bit of a pricing issue for most.

not much you can do " enclosure design wise" to make a DD sound good... to make it loud thats not hard, to make it sound even on par with any sort of musicality, good luck with that one.

not much you can do " enclosure design wise" to make a DD sound good... to make it loud thats not hard, to make it sound even on par with any sort of musicality, good luck with that one.
So your saying that DD's can't be musical with a daily system?

I'm sorry to disagree with you on this one. However, that is in no way true. I have had my fair share of DD builds over the past 15 years and had no troubles making them loud or sound good while doing it.

What is interesting is that you say skar sound great but DD can not. I find that to be very odd.

of course you would, they work well in 6th orders. And yes actually I do have dd's 9515 t/s. come back at me when your 15's are more then 3db louder then my 10's
I don't think you understand what I'm asking.

First off, when did you magically measure the t/s of a 9500F motor reconed w/ the new DD soft parts? I don't doubt that you have TS from some dd9515, but I highly doubt you have them for this particular sub.

That leads to my second question...since you don't have the t/s...how can you effectively design an enclosure?

As far as being 3dB louder than your 10s...are your 10's flat within +/-1dB from 30-70hz?

I don't think you understand what I'm asking.
First off, when did you magically measure the t/s of a 9500F motor reconed w/ the new DD soft parts? I don't doubt that you have TS from some dd9515, but I highly doubt you have them for this particular sub.

That leads to my second question...since you don't have the t/s...how can you effectively design an enclosure?

As far as being 3dB louder than your 10s...are your 10's flat within +/-1dB from 30-70hz?
That is a loaded question in itself given the true nature of t/s and how useful they can or can not be.

I bought a 3512 to see what the hype is about...well it seems to blend with my front stage fairly well. It's not as musical as my Nobelium 12, but hell...for a company that's SPL oriented, it sounds fine to me.

lol yeah, a 9500 series having any sort of "SQ"... big ole fatty stack of stiff spiders... honestly DD drivers are just loud. and yes i know im preparing for all sorts of people to go ape **** over my statement but argue otherwise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
this is so true.loud yes sq wise ,not even close

Of course it's not gonna compare SQ wise to a Nobelium, lol. It's kinda silly to even compare them. However, ask how it would compare to say an SA, skar, etc would be a closer and better comparison. I'm not looking for Sq comparable to a Nobelium, hertz, or even SI.

Of course it's not gonna compare SQ wise to a Nobelium, lol. It's kinda silly to even compare them. However, ask how it would compare to say an SA, skar, etc would be a closer and better comparison. I'm not looking for Sq comparable to a Nobelium, hertz, or even SI.
oh I understand, but with all the negative comments about DD sounding like cow poop in terms of SQ made me a bit hesistant with my expectations with the sub. But it was nice surprise that it sounded good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good luck with your build though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.