Sundown SD-2 Series question

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryun

Is there a subwoofer grille out there that anyone can recommend for a 10" Sundown SD-2 10D4? I'm having a hard time finding out what the excursion is for this sub. I asked the manufacturer on facebook about a sub grille, but he's a very busy guy esp with SBN going on. I'm concerned that this sub is going to beat itself apart on the back of my seats.

Second question, how do you guys think this will pair up with an Apline MRX-M50? I already bought the amp on kind of an impulse buy. The amp will be running at 2ohm mono to one sub. The sub will HOPEFULLY fit in the 05tacomadblsingle from supercrewsound, I would link it but the forum wont let me. Neither the sub manufacturer or box manufacturer could decide if it'd fit, so I just bought both of them hoping it will...they are both shipping now, so soon I'll find out if it does fit. I think it'll push it decently.

Thanks for any input.

I wonder if something like this: amazondotcom/JL-Audio-SGR-10W7-Protection-Subwoofers/dp/B003UCLZMW (can't post links)

would work. The sundown site says 10 1/2 inch outside diameter. The JL website for what I think matches that item from amazon says 10 1/2 inch diameter too jlaudiodotcom/10w7ae-3-car-audio-w7ae-subwoofer-drivers-92114 . Will these screw holes line up?

Thanks

amp is fine, 500rms@2ohm

sub specs say 0.5cuft sealed @500rms

box 0.65cuft gross

0.57cuft net

you may have to fit a 1/4"mdf spacer behind sub to fit as it will be close

amp is fine, 500rms@2ohmsub specs say 0.5cuft sealed @500rms

box 0.65cuft gross

0.57cuft net

you may have to fit a 1/4"mdf spacer behind sub to fit as it will be close
Thanks for looking it over for me. It's been years and years (probably since 2002) since I've had any interest in subwoofers. Back then I thought it would be my profession. Putting the 1/4" mdf spacer is better than the ideas I came up with for fitting this sub. I am afraid I only have 1.25" between where the box goes and my seats are going to be. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with the Image Dynamics subwoofer, just for the fit. Something about the Sundown products really made me fall in love with it though, so i'm going to have to try and make it work. Thanks for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.