Dd = sql?

oh I understand, but with all the negative comments about DD sounding like cow poop in terms of SQ made me a bit hesistant with my expectations with the sub. But it was nice surprise that it sounded good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Good luck with your build though!
That's good to hear. I'm not expecting any crazy SQ out of it. More so just something that I can listen to music with it daily. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with it once you heard it.

oh I understand, but with all the negative comments about DD sounding like cow poop in terms of SQ made me a bit hesistant with my expectations with the sub. But it was nice surprise that it sounded good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Good luck with your build though!
You have to take all the negative comments with a grain of salt. The vast majority do not know SQ/SQL(if there is SQL) at all and those that do compare things unfairly to each other.

This industry is full of false information and there is not much we can do about it.

I still stand by that SQ from the sub stage is a laughable idea in the first place and I have judged SQ for a long time.

I heard one tuned low and it was a very flat response with a wide range of play
It is possible to get a smooth response from them, but just not typical from guys wanting "sq". It requires more work on the designing end to ensure that you get a smoother response, but it will still be a bit "off" no matter how you design it in the end. The vehicle will help with the response as well though. I would imagine if you stick an RTA on it you would be surprised at what your ears did not pick up on.

That is a loaded question in itself given the true nature of t/s and how useful they can or can not be.
I forgot about this thread, but that was pretty much my response. All of the t/s huggers don't even know how useless manufactures t/s are. You can get a some what close idea but that's it. Now seeing as I've ran a metric ton of DD before......

And I like how dd's sound. I like how they sound over the btl I had by a long shot.

OP the ported box you considered building: 4.5 @ 34-36Hz would work very well for daily. 16^2 port area per cube. I've built a LOT right around that spec for DD/AQ subs and have been very happy with every one of them, all in different vehicles.

I'm sorry to disagree with you on this one. However, that is in no way true. I have had my fair share of DD builds over the past 15 years and had no troubles making them loud or sound good while doing it.
What is interesting is that you say skar sound great but DD can not. I find that to be very odd.
soft parts my friend. i was pleased with the skar product for its price range. was i astounded? no. nothing compared to my morel ultimo. nothing. like i said to make a DD sound MUSICAL (key word here) is very very hard. even when done they are meh to my ear. It comes down to once again, like i have stated a **** ton of times, the softparts used. the motors on the 9500 series are big, beastly, and have a great design, why waste that on trying to get a SQ woofer out of it...

soft parts my friend. i was pleased with the skar product for its price range. was i astounded? no. nothing compared to my morel ultimo. nothing. like i said to make a DD sound MUSICAL (key word here) is very very hard. even when done they are meh to my ear. It comes down to once again, like i have stated a **** ton of times, the softparts used. the motors on the 9500 series are big, beastly, and have a great design, why waste that on trying to get a SQ woofer out of it...
So what if it's reconed by PSI or SPLaudio? Then the Soft parts arent those from DD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.