DD rebuild or Sundown

Item(s) for Sale:

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Hey, Cannot find any input anywhere else. I'm at a loss of decision here. Should I have my DD1510 Rebuilt for $130 (no bass for 2 weeks -.-) or Sundown SA10 rev2 for $200.

I have 600w going to the DD1510, which is now bottoming out because I turned my amp gain/boost up in eagerness for more bass, which kicked me in the *** now. no, I cannot upgrade the amp and my 1.3cuft ported box is my max space available in my standard cab Dakota. right now the box and 1510 are hitting mid-high 130db, ****** slammin. but if the sa10 will hit the lows better and pound harder than the 1510 id rather get the sa10. money is no issue, as I can always make more. I only have 6.5' mounting depth so anything with a bigger magnet then the sa10 will not work for me. I appreciate all input and advice, whether your kind about it or a ****. please educate me.

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

my question was to have it rebuilt by dd for 130 or sundown sa10 for 200.
We know that, however we have given you the factors of how to make better decisions and the costs etc.. With that much money put into it, you could have gotten a new woofer with warranty. Aka sundown sa10, american bass xfl 10. With the 130 option you can get a sundown E10v3 which is still an overall better sub. No need to waste money senselessly youngin.

It's valuable for this price difference. Even more so if he can do it himself.
Sundown ev3 for a 2.5inch coil with better motor. Its china but the good china not the junk china. Would be an upgrade to loudness and power handling. Over the american 2 inch coil that blew and motor that didnt satisfy

The redline series look way better than the 1500 series.

:DYou do know I can't and never will say Sunderp is better
Stamped baskets. Made here with US soft parts

China stamped basket

China motor

Prly china soft parts

But assembled in the USA? Should have just let china assemble it to keep cost down. So basically with DD your paying them to have China woofer assembled in the USA with the lower line like the 1510. I'm just bored and need someone to argue with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

China stamped basket China motor

Prly china soft parts

But assembled in the USA? Should have just let china assemble it to keep cost down. So basically with DD your paying them to have China woofer assembled in the USA with the lower line like the 1510. I'm just bored and need someone to argue with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I do love our convos. But no it's all US soft parts. They make the cone and spiders. Coil from PE

Arnt 1510 the stamped steel basket subwoofers that they get made in china?
I suspect as much, definitely I think folks would be surprised at how much of even an "American made" sub comes from China. Likely the steel and magnets come from there as would the frames.

2 inch coil get outta herre with that cr@p. Dd doesnt start getting decent until the 2500 and 3500 series
Agreed, but I don't think OP killed it from exceeding thermal limits but mechanical. A larger diameter coil isn't going to make much difference and if he has a shallow box it's not like he's going to get more excursion elsewhere.

I do love our convos. But no it's all US soft parts. They make the cone and spiders. Coil from PE
Precision coils definitely outperform China coils.

Stamped baskets. Made here with US soft parts

Arnt 1510 the stamped steel basket subwoofers that they get made in china?
China stamped basket China motor

Prly china soft parts

I suspect as much, definitely I think folks would be surprised at how much of even an "American made" sub comes from China. Likely the steel and magnets come from there as would the frames.
Lot of confusion about digital design (I actually contacted them a few months ago and got a clear answer).
Digital Design has the actual real "made in usa" label (which is very hard to get, almost every single material used in the product has to originate from the USA for you to get a TRUE "made in usa" label).

"Assembled in USA" and "Built in USA" are the marketing gimmicks that give the USA label some flake (neither of which is Digital Design).

"Assembled in USA" usually means almost all of it was it glued here with foreign parts or in some cases literally all of it is foreign

"Built in USA" means some of the parts are of USA origin and some are not (to get the step up from "assembled" to "built" you actually have to show that there was actually construction/workmanship involved). This category (built in usa) is popular in car audio (higher-end sundown products, SSA, Fi, Ascendant fit this mold).

Digital Design explained this fully to me and said the only product they import is the basket. The FTC (who is the commission that regulates the labels) considers it made in USA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.