DD 9512D or DC XL 12 DAILY? 3 cubes on 2k

Both subs are nice. All companies have issues with parts every now and then just happens. Most of the issues with any sub is 9/10 user error tho I heard both subs and owned quite a few of each. The dc subs like smaller boxes and get loud. The dd subs will get real loud in a small box too but will sound like crap ands the dd customer service Sux really will depend on the box

You mention mostly playing Decaf music and then SQ. Those words don't belong in the same sentence as rap, especially slowed stuff has NO SQ to speak of.

I'd go with the DD as I prefer the sound of them, as mentioned they don't over exaggerate the bottom end but they still get plenty low.

If u do go DC be sure u call them atleast 10 times.. Bet u $5 bucks u get a different price each time.... Seems end of the month they jack them up guess hes got car, boat, house bills due... DD is not what they use to be.

the dc will likely blow. the dd will stink like ****, but will probably do what you want it to daily. just dont tap the cone.
Why do you say that about the DD?

Both subs are nice. All companies have issues with parts every now and then just happens. Most of the issues with any sub is 9/10 user error tho I heard both subs and owned quite a few of each. The dc subs like smaller boxes and get loud. The dd subs will get real loud in a small box too but will sound like crap ands the dd customer service Sux really will depend on the box
Okay well that has me leaning back towards DC then because I want a sub that will sound fairly good SQ ISP but I'm leaning more towards murdering lows

On that size box you would be better off with a pr. I run a pr of xl 12's in 3cu on a 9k at .25 daily tuned to 28hz. Still havent blown one yet lol
Man I wish.. I wish, I wanted your old tens so bad but I didnt has enough money at the time:/

You mention mostly playing Decaf music and then SQ. Those words don't belong in the same sentence as rap, especially slowed stuff has NO SQ to speak of.
I'd go with the DD as I prefer the sound of them, as mentioned they don't over exaggerate the bottom end but they still get plenty low.
Yeah I know I hear you, but I just want a little of both, a somewhat balanced sub I guess? That's the best words I can think to explain it

If u do go DC be sure u call them atleast 10 times.. Bet u $5 bucks u get a different price each time.... Seems end of the month they jack them up guess hes got car, boat, house bills due... DD is not what they use to be.
I won't be buying new, it will for sure be used.

Lets disect that statement.....

Why did they blow? What died coil, softpart assembly? Box volume? Thats a very blanket statement when I have less than a 1% return rate. All anyone sees or chooses to see is the threads where something went wrong. How about the hundreds that dont have any issue?

Lets disect that statement.....
Why did they blow? What died coil, softpart assembly? Box volume? Thats a very blanket statement when I have less than a 1% return rate. All anyone sees or chooses to see is the threads where something went wrong. How about the hundreds that dont have any issue?
Ive been going on what Ive read on them...but like you said more people post about their problems rather than the success rate that goes with almost any brand...Someone may be happy with a product in general but dont go on and on about it but once something fails its a major ordeal....Probs could be mainly user abuse ...I dunno...but I do know the majority of problems in car audio are user abuse...the 2nd major is bad products.....and even with any good product your still gonna have some quirks.....

Ive been going on what Ive read on them...but like you said more people post about their problems rather than the success rate that goes with almost any brand...Someone may be happy with a product in general but dont go on and on about it but once something fails its a major ordeal....Probs could be mainly user abuse ...I dunno...but I do know the majority of problems in car audio are user abuse...the 2nd major is bad products.....and even with any good product your still gonna have some quirks.....
True statement. The biggest cause of death that I've seen is burning the coil to a crisp or trying to put a sub that is recommended for 1.5cu into a box twice that size and still try to do the rated rms. Unfortunately like everything else from the consumer end its never thier fault its always a faulty driver.

The new DD subs are supposed to have a better impact, eliminating this hollow sound 'some' users complain about. DD products are made great. As others have stated, there's lots of DC sub failure lately. I also see lots of users upgrading the soft parts on DC subs. It comes down to personal preference. If going based off feedback, you'll be picking up the new DD subs.

Never heard much bad stuff about DD subs from anyone personal I know that uses them. I have heard a lot about DC subs needing to be reconed but that's mainly from SPL guys that push the limits on their equipment. I'm sure if you followed everything spec to spec, you might not have a problem for daily use with a DC. I just always run with what I know works best, DD!

We happen to have our two biggest DC guys in this thread, not surprising, but I'm curious are there no DD dealers on this forum? Honestly it's going to be hard to get an objective, unbiased opinion about their products from DC themselves. Either way I'm sure you will be happy, they both make great products, the main difference in performance that everyone seems to state is that DD is not for the lows as much as DC, but that may mean that DD is better at higher frequencies and may sound a bit punchier, what would you prefer?

IMO,

I have been running a DD3512D1 on 2 BRZ 2100.1d's for well over a year and a half with no issues. The 3512 has been 100% flawless.

With the power you have, (AQ2200) I would stick with the 3500's vs the 9500's.

As far as DC is concerned, I have not had good luck with them....

We happen to have our two biggest DC guys in this thread, not surprising, but I'm curious are there no DD dealers on this forum? Honestly it's going to be hard to get an objective, unbiased opinion about their products from DC themselves. Either way I'm sure you will be happy, they both make great products, the main difference in performance that everyone seems to state is that DD is not for the lows as much as DC, but that may mean that DD is better at higher frequencies and may sound a bit punchier, what would you prefer?

I'm positive I mentioned with the box size he has that it would be too big for a single driver. 3cu is what I use for a pr. I think thats pretty unbiased lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.