too much power for sa10???

southernboom88
10+ year member

Shut It Down Boyz
ATL.
i'll try to make this simple. I have an cea compliant amp with the following specs - 4ohm-500wrms, 2ohm-1k rms, 1ohm-1500 rms.. trying to run a 10inch sub sealed in a 1.1 cuF box after sub displacement, was looking at the sa10 since i love the one i already have in another car (had it in the sealed box on 800 rms and liked it.) i know the sub is "rated" at 600w rms but wonding if it can take 1k daily in a sealed box or will i be asking trouble? i'm trying to save some trunk space which is why i dont want ported/ vented but if i must i can build a vented box... i'm open to other sub suggestions, box ideas ect.. preciate any input, and for those of yall just looking to "up your post count" feel free, just keep the **** ish sumwhere else.

if you really wanna run sealed i wud look into a different sub possibly a ssa icon and run it at 1 ohm, if your dead set on the sundown i would build a ported box for sure and yes it will handle 1k but make sure your gains are set correctly

if you really wanna run sealed i wud look into a different sub possibly a ssa icon and run it at 1 ohm, if your dead set on the sundown i would build a ported box for sure and yes it will handle 1k but make sure your gains are set correctly
thanks, although i do love sundown i'm always open to other brands. deff a nice looking sub and the specs look great.. maybe that will be my excuse for upgrading to a HO alt, current set-up can handle 1k but i think 1,500 would kill it. thanks again.

Just keep in mind that if you're going to be overpowering a subwoofer, you may want to make a ported box a bit under the recommended specification!

You really don't need a ho unless you plan on running 3k. Do big 3 and you will be good for the 1k but go ported

no doubt, didnt even think of the sealed box and coil.. dont have many post on here but im not a noob when it comes to setting gains so hopefully can pull this off but hell if not, blow it up and rebuild it lol.

any thoughts on the ssa gcons? the icons are sweet but a lil over budget and this is just going in the dd civic

do somethin big in the dd civic
ha i would but most of the money goes to the 88 chevy and the rest to my 2 year old boy, but then again he did say i shud put "big boom boom" in the honda..hmmm.

Just keep in mind that if you're going to be overpowering a subwoofer, you may want to make a ported box a bit under the recommended specification!
that may be the answer. any suggestions on size and tuning for a sa10 on 1k?

i thought it was the other way around because in a sealed box the force it creates acts as more power because it bounces back at the sub not out of a port, so 350rms mite feel like 500 rms in a sealed box but maybe im wrong

running it sealed its suppose to be able to handle more power over it being ported i believe that was the theory idk as far as rms tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.