DD 2512s box recommendations ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TwistedOracle

OK
I am trying to decide on what size and tuning to run, DD suggest 40hz but that just seems to high for daily. I will be running 3- supercharged 2512's in a s10 blazer sub up port back on a SQ2200 @ .67.

Thinking 7.5 cuft@ 36 with either 1 10" or 2 8" flared aeros. Anybody have experience with these ?

I am trying to decide on what size and tuning to run, DD suggest 40hz but that just seems to high for daily. I will be running 3- supercharged 2512's in a s10 blazer sub up port back on a SQ2200 @ .67.
Thinking 7.5 cuft@ 36 with either 1 10" or 2 8" flared aeros. Anybody have experience with these ?
Support

Honestly, do you think DD doesn't know what box alignment they design their subs to work best? Why buy their subs and then second guess their engineers and try to use the product in a manner for which they were not intended?

Have you ran these subs personally? ? DD gives generic high tuned recommendations. You can't honestly think a 9512 and 1512 would both have the same optimum box

I can tell these have alot of potential in them. The guy I got them from did a 149.7 in this way undersized box on 3k.
i could more than likely get nearly any pair of 12s 149 with 3kw. they are a HUGE downgrade from the older A series. for the same price you could get a pair of BL 15s on 3kw and it would POUND..

i loved DD products but now they are so expensive its hardly worth the money. with the ption out its not really a logical choice anymore.

My blazer is also 4dr. Mine for whatever reason has a dead zone from about 30-35hz across numerous boxes and tunes. Was talking to a guy on youtube who experienced same thing. We both also experienced a slight secondary peak in mid 20s.

Just me personally, with those subs I would indeed tune around 36. Its really gonna want to peak in mid 40s. Tuning any lower with those particular subs, and in that cabin will likely cost you quite a bit of output.

Maybe talk to a few other 4dr owners and see what they say

My blazer is also 4dr. Mine for whatever reason has a dead zone from about 30-35hz across numerous boxes and tunes. Was talking to a guy on youtube who experienced same thing. We both also experienced a slight secondary peak in mid 20s.
Just me personally, with those subs I would indeed tune around 36. Its really gonna want to peak in mid 40s. Tuning any lower with those particular subs, and in that cabin will likely cost you quite a bit of output.

Maybe talk to a few other 4dr owners and see what they say
I kind of notice that dead zone to 34 to around 37 is decent 39-52 is brutal and 33 down is just blah... I was hoping a lower tuning might help with that but idk now.. Can't decide between flared PVC port or slot either. Leaning towards aero for tune changing ability's.

Already have the subs so I'm using them, I have came up with several box designs one is a slot port with 120sqin port 7.5 cuft net @ 36. Then one with a 10" aero that would allow me to go anywhere from 7.5 @ 34 to 8@39. And another using 2 8" aeros. Going to stay around 38w X 30D X 17-20 H. I just can't decide what the hell to build lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.