DC level 5 18, Powerbass XTA5000.1 in small trunk car BUILD!

thanks guys. its definatly hairtrick worthy. gonna get some vids tommorow hopefully at the shop or at least take pics of the scores. looking for high 140s to low 150s. i say between 148 and 150

not to be an *******, but aluminium screw terminals under extreme loads are not nearly as good as copper.. basically you subtrack 25% of your total ampacity.. 2 1/0 20 ft long are good for about 400 amps, the connectors will only handle ruffly 75% of that..

the best connectors are the set screw that clamp the wire.. its not only better electrically but mechanically as well..

also something i HIGHLY recommend in penetrox.. its a EXCELLENT corrosion resistant and highly conductive gel.. spend the 15 now and you will be glad you did..

best connectors ive found.. they can be found @ HD...

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/papermaker85/?action=view&current=random019.jpg

penetrox

http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/wa/wcat/itemdtl.r?listtype=&pnum=P8A-BURN

^^ yes i know copper is better but not 25% better. it does not make a differance in heat or amps as i have tested voltage and heat on the amp after beating on it. and i dont use penetrox i use noox ox. its the same thing but better. i do appreciate your interest though.

on a differant note. i think i may have burned an alt up lol. charges at 12.9 now woo hoo! oh well ill see in the morning. its loud for sure and ill have numbers by tommorow afternoon!

what was the voltage drop difference between the alum and copper terminals? IM mearly going by nec.. how much current you pulling?

im going to chech that nooxox as well.. penetrox is often use on chevron and BP chemical skids and i have to admit its excellent..

keep us updated..

Those connectors are rated for 250 mcm so they can easily handle the current that 0 gauge can pass and if you look closely they are thicker than copper lugs so more aluminum than copper makes up the difference in conductivity and noox ex is a petroleum based corrosion inhibitor it does work great and lol I already got 2 him about that stuff but you do have valid points however in his case it has been taken into consideration and compensated for and 2 heath remember keep it below a 156.5 or I Am coming 4 you lol

Also over time the copper lugs oxidize or tarnish due 2 air coming in contact with em I also am switching 2 the alum lugs and 2 heath looks awesome and sounds even better I can't wait 4 you 2 get it on the mic good luck today.

duuude thats a awesome ass build log, i love soo many things about it, so major propz..

im doing a DC LV5 12 on a SAZ3000D. and i love some orange. check my magnum

stripp.jpg

looks schweet!!!!!
thanks man!

Dang!! I cannot wait!
me either, cant wait to turn up the gain

what was the voltage drop difference between the alum and copper terminals? IM mearly going by nec.. how much current you pulling?im going to chech that nooxox as well.. penetrox is often use on chevron and BP chemical skids and i have to admit its excellent..

keep us updated..
voltage drop was about the same. from last build to this one. ratio wise voltage drop is about equal

Those connectors are rated for 250 mcm so they can easily handle the current that 0 gauge can pass and if you look closely they are thicker than copper lugs so more aluminum than copper makes up the difference in conductivity and noox ex is a petroleum based corrosion inhibitor it does work great and lol I already got 2 him about that stuff but you do have valid points however in his case it has been taken into consideration and compensated for and 2 heath remember keep it below a 156.5 or I Am coming 4 you lol
yea man when i get it down to .35 ur 156.5 is going out the window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also over time the copper lugs oxidize or tarnish due 2 air coming in contact with em I also am switching 2 the alum lugs and 2 heath looks awesome and sounds even better I can't wait 4 you 2 get it on the mic good luck today.
thanks man ill call ya with the results

Woot Looking good! Get that back seat back in lmao!!!
Eagerly awaiting vidz and numbas!
thanks man! let me have the back seat in since u will have 28k, if you cant beat me with 28k with my seat out then u need some 12s LMAO! our bet is still on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i just now get to start getting numbers, only like 4 months behind u lol

I wanna get a demo
ill be in arlington today, text me about noon

looks awesome man but were are the vids
vids are in the making. since evertyhing is deadned and expanding foamed it dont flex that much. ill try though lol

duuude thats a awesome ass build log, i love soo many things about it, so major propz..
im doing a DC LV5 12 on a SAZ3000D. and i love some orange. check my magnum

stripp.jpg
love the orange. thought id try somthing new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.