DC level 5 18, Powerbass XTA5000.1 in small trunk car BUILD!

yea i experienced the same thing with my old setup. subs facing in, pushed up to the rear seat opening, and not sealed off was by far the worst orientation as far as cancellation is concerned. when i sealed it off there were very noticeable gains. I feel that sub/port facing in, sealed from trunk is a double whammy because you eliminate the plain ol' ~20ft^3 of extra airspace in the trunk, as well as the unknown/known dynamics of a "tricky trunk" (sources for wave cancellation, leaks to outside the car, wasted sonic energy spent moving the trunk lid, ect.) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

congrats on the loud trunk car

pulled the sub out to do some glass work. gonna try to glass it in then bedliner the whole face/trunk baffle thing and hope it looks good all blacked out

100_1076.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1081.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1084.jpg

yes it gets brutal. well i put the sub back in after i glassed and flexstoned the box/ face of the trunk. didnt take too much time making it look pretty so its just there. but at least its sealed and ready to bump

100_1092.jpg

100_1096.jpg

100_1095.jpg

100_1094.jpg

wow, couldnt even tape off the interior and windows for overspray talk about lazy

wiring and the whole build looks shotty at best...

is that fuin 1/4" thread bracing??

Looks like you cheaped out on everything but the sub

wow, couldnt even tape off the interior and windows for overspray talk about lazy

looks like somebody is HATING **** that is just sad man, an btw what have you build lately that is even remotly close to what this car is doing on the meter?

panels are not in great shape so no care to cover them. getting new tint soon so no need to cover them. and no its 1/2 inch all thread. and yea i have about 1350 in amps, 500 in sub, 200 in components, 150 in radio and over 150 in wire. how is everything cheap except the sub? i have more in batteries than i do the sub. thanks for the daily dose of haterade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.