DC Level 4XL 18 Question

No can do. Pole piece is for 3"

Wouldn't touch them with 10 foot pole then. You're stuck buying parts from DC. Old LV5 is pretty flexible and performs very well with Sundown Z recone kit.

3" coil will handle 1200W continuously (50hz sine wave forever). Beyond that it's a matter of time before they fail from heat. You can build them to handle anything mechanically.

Put your hand on a 100W light bulb and see how long you can hold it there.... now multiply that by 20 and that's what your coil has to deal with at 2KW
I know its not a constant tone and I have rise but even so. My XLs run filt tilt on heavy tracks for 30 minutes at a time when I take the interstate home. As long as the clipping is controled they stay nice and cool. Also about the 3.5 inch coils, I have no problem using them, DC recones are cheap and turn around is very fast.

I know its not a constant tone and I have rise but even so. My XLs run filt tilt on heavy tracks for 30 minutes at a time when I take the interstate home. As long as the clipping is controled they stay nice and cool. Also about the 3.5 inch coils, I have no problem using them, DC recones are cheap and turn around is very fast.
I've run upwards of 6K to a single sub. Doesn't mean that sub can handle that power for any length of time, simply means that I run that amp to that sub. Generally speaking any woofer of that level SHOULD be able to hold up to music well enough on a 5K amp, but that does not mean they're bullet proof.

Realistically assuming you're running the subs at 1 ohm nominal load, the amp sees 2 ohm and up 95% of the time and probably in the neighborhood of 20 ohms at your loudest freq.

Good luck with those 3.5" coils. If you think 160$ is a great price for a recone, have at it, and hope like hell DC doesn't discontinue that coil option or you're SOL

No can do. Pole piece is for 3"

Wouldn't touch them with 10 foot pole then. You're stuck buying parts from DC. Old LV5 is pretty flexible and performs very well with Sundown Z recone kit.

3" coil will handle 1200W continuously (50hz sine wave forever). Beyond that it's a matter of time before they fail from heat. You can build them to handle anything mechanically.

Put your hand on a 100W light bulb and see how long you can hold it there.... now multiply that by 20 and that's what your coil has to deal with at 2KW
hm.... i was curious because im going to be running my dtr3400 at .5 ohm

With an 8 layer coil I think he rated them for 2k
ok i should be ok with 2k. i run comps on music and running my dtr3400 at .5 ohm. thats the only time i run my system hard. riding around town i dont run more then half power unless im demoing

ok i should be ok with 2k. i run comps on music and running my dtr3400 at .5 ohm. thats the only time i run my system hard. riding around town i dont run more then half power unless im demoing
That rating is underrated obviously lol it will take way more than that, but that's sort of like his idiot-proof rating lol

Good luck with those 3.5" coils. If you think 160$ is a great price for a recone, have at it, and hope like hell DC doesn't discontinue that coil option or you're SOL
Kicker did the same thing...so it's feasible re-cones may become a PSI only option.

That rating is underrated obviously lol it will take way more than that, but that's sort of like his idiot-proof rating lol
We all know there is no such thing as an idiot proof rating when clipping is introduced.

true lol... ive been giving my sub more then 1000rms since ive had it. i mean with the rise id probly only see about 2500-2800 anyway

my 2k is underated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

prob is people are more impressed these days with how much a sub can handle vrs eff.

i have seen a huge increase in dc recones as of lately people saying the coils didnt hold up.

my 2k is underated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
prob is people are more impressed these days with how much a sub can handle vrs eff.

i have seen a huge increase in dc recones as of lately people saying the coils didnt hold up.
yea my friends failed as well. he a pair of the older ones and they never blew. he sold those and got a newer pair and 1 is blown the other smells really bad after like 10 seconds.

But yea im going to be getting a recone and most of the people i have spoke to told me i should get it from you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.