DC Leve 6 15" box design please

Participant count
  • Participant list

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
Can anyone make me a design and cutout sheet for 1 15 dc level 6. Gonna be run off an ampere 5k at 1 ohm. I clamped 2700 rising to little over 2 ohm. Need a box that I can use for a few months until I get one built for 2.

I have been told 3.5 cubes with 65 sq inches port area tuned to 34hz but wanted to know what you guys think and can come up with.

Heres my dimensions id like to keep close. If its bigger the depth can be lowered. 38w by 20h by 21d

Can anyone make me a design and cutout sheet for 1 15 dc level 6. Gonna be run off an ampere 5k at 1 ohm. I clamped 2700 rising to little over 2 ohm. Need a box that I can use for a few months until I get one built for 2.

I have been told 3.5 cubes with 65 sq inches port area tuned to 34hz but wanted to know what you guys think and can come up with.

Heres my dimensions id like to keep close. If its bigger the depth can be lowered. 38w by 20h by 21d
in all honesty 65sq in and 3.5 net. Thats seems little high on the port IMO. Thats at like 18"s+ per cube. i shoot for 16" in my slot port builds but im no box pro either.

in all honesty 65sq in and 3.5 net. Thats seems little high on the port IMO. Thats at like 18"s+ per cube. i shoot for 16" in my slot port builds but im no box pro either.
depends per woofer. DSS ethos needs something close to 25 port per cube recommended by the manufacturer

yes dss does recommend quite a bit of port for their tuning. I loved the sound of them, but time to get louder.

Anyone can help with a design and cut sheet???

Lol I ran 21sqin per cube for my x-8's and they loved it. Some subs just like port area.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

You're not trying to make port area a certain ratio of the box size, you're making it to have adequate air mass for the displacement of the woofer. That whole 15" per cube or whatever that DD for example recommends is assuming a large enough box volume so that it works out. The whole square inches of port and port length ratio falls apart as you go too much above 6 or 8 cubes as well as the tuning becomes lower and lower.

Anyway, OP, if you can't get anyone else to help you hit me up early in the week and I could have some time. Or if you want to head up to central Maine with a sheet of wood I've got tools here and we could knock it out in an afternoon.

You have the ts parameters?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.