DC Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
2 level 4 10’s or 2 level 4 12’s?

i have never heard 10’s before and i dont know if they could get as loud as the 12’s. thats the reason i am here looking for what you guys think would be better, im looking for what sounds louder distance wise not spl

i just bought a sundown 3k
i have 3.5 cubes to work with

It's early... I didn't read that correctly.

Two 12s are going to have more cone area but is that 3.5 cubes gross? Or 3.5 cubes net after subwoofer, port, and bracing displacements? Two 10s in the perfect box can be much louder than two 12s in too small of a box.

"im looking for what sounds louder distance wise not spl "

Not really understanding that one.

It's early... I didn't read that correctly.

Two 12s are going to have more cone area but is that 3.5 cubes gross? Or 3.5 cubes net after subwoofer, port, and bracing displacements? Two 10s in the perfect box can be much louder than two 12s in too small of a box.

"im looking for what sounds louder distance wise not spl "

Not really understanding that one.
its gross so ur right on that one 2 10’s will be more efficient. and i meant like i want to make sure 2 10’s could be heard the same distance as the 12’s and more people now like the flex and all that and im more about the sound quality, i dont know if that made sense ill try and rephrase it again if u dont understand

its gross so ur right on that one 2 10’s will be more efficient. and i meant like i want to make sure 2 10’s could be heard the same distance as the 12’s and more people now like the flex and all that and im more about the sound quality, i dont know if that made sense ill try and rephrase it again if u dont understand

Yeah I would do the two 10s then.

Check out the SSA Gcon 10s as well.

Yeah I would do the two 10s then.

Check out the SSA Gcon 10s as well.
well i could also do the level 3 12’s too but i just want really good bass because i have a deaf bonce 300.4 atom and ima run (6) 6.5 sylvester mids with (4) t25 super tweeters and i just want to have enough bass to match good with the mids n highs, but most likely ill run the level 4 10’s

We did a 147.1 in a rx-8 on a small amp and almost no electrical in a rx-8. We broke the record for the year and he could've taken the entire class record across the country if he would've stayed with it. Those were 2 DC XL 10's back in the day. That was one of the moments I fell in love with DC woofer. They're one of my personal top 5 favorites, mostly do with their box sizes.

We did a 147.1 in a rx-8 on a small amp and almost no electrical in a rx-8. We broke the record for the year and he could've taken the entire class record across the country if he would've stayed with it. Those were 2 DC XL 10's back in the day. That was one of the moments I fell in love with DC woofer. They're one of my personal top 5 favorites, mostly do with their box sizes.
u think 3.5 cubes is enough space for the 2 lvl4 10’s?

It'll be close. DC's like big ports.
here is the box design i was originally gonna go with, but it might change due to where ima want the box to go

Attachments

• 29A75D2A-0A33-4696-9174-115AF6ADF626.png
    29A75D2A-0A33-4696-9174-115AF6ADF626.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 84
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.