Boston G5 Power Hungry?

that is one of the many reasons i do not go to "stereo shops" anymore they try to bash on good products you know are good and tell you bad things about them and try and sell you w7's or some booboo @zz sh1t

thanks for the input, i'm not sure why they would say that..

let me get your opinions, will 500 rms be enough for the sub since its rated at 450 rms?

g5 very efficient, very clean and does get loud. tested g5 vs. idmax off of 500 watts in a 1.5cubes sealed box.. both sounded awesome, but g5 out performed the idmax (only 500watts goin to the idmax).

g5 very efficient, very clean and does get loud. tested g5 vs. idmax off of 500 watts in a 1.5cubes sealed box.. both sounded awesome, but g5 out performed the idmax (only 500watts goin to the idmax).
so you think the recommended 1.0 per sub needs to be more? How much was going to the G5 (500watts)?

I'm running two G5 12" subwoofers off a JL Audio 1000 and they get loud and they sound real good. I'm running mine right at 1.0 or 1.2 cubic feet per sub can't remember the exact size at the moment.

I'm running two G5 12" subwoofers off a JL Audio 1000 and they get loud and they sound real good. I'm running mine right at 1.0 or 1.2 cubic feet per sub can't remember the exact size at the moment.
Like loud you feel them type of loud?

i'm consderin a pair of these g510s with the 10 inch radiators also. I heard they get real loud and super clean sound especially with the radiators?

I have a 12" G5 along with the passive radiator in a 1 cubic foot box on about 500watts. The sound quality's great and it gets pretty loud too when I want it to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.