DC 2.0 vs AQ 2200

its under battery specs for what ever battery you look at. Do your big three and buy a $20 stinger cig light voltage meter. If your voltage dips below 12volts, then I Suggest you start looking for a battery with at least 75 to 100 AH. Amp hours is how many amps you can draw in one hour.
But its not saying like "this battery will only last 75 hours with whatever watts"?

take this advice and do a google search on an am hour. its a little more complicated but what I previously mentioned is definately a good starting point.

its under battery specs for what ever battery you look at. Do your big three and buy a $20 stinger cig light voltage meter. If your voltage dips below 12volts, then I Suggest you start looking for a battery with at least 75 to 100 AH. Amp hours is how many amps you can draw in one hour.

take this advice and do a google search on an am hour. its a little more complicated but what I previously mentioned is definately a good starting point.
I looked it up and just didn't fully understand if when it drained a bit if that was the end of the battery or if you could charge it back up.

no its not the end of the battery but yes you have to understand the charge cycle of a battery. all of this is easy reading to put you to sleep at night. just start google searching and one ? leads to another answer if you really want to know all the ins and outs of it.

no its not the end of the battery but yes you have to understand the charge cycle of a battery. all of this is easy reading to put you to sleep at night. just start google searching and one ? leads to another answer if you really want to know all the ins and outs of it.
Will I be able to charge it with my alt or would I have to use a battery charger?

I have never used the AQ before I did have a older dc pai 2k an I clamped it doing 1876 starting at 1ohm rising to 1.9ohm with just a singer 250 amp alt and big three and a kinetic hc1800 under the hood.

Not sure how good the new dc 2ks are but I loved my pai 2k. But I I'm no gonna recomend which one to get as I haven't used the AQ before.

jsut because they are both 2k amps from korea does not make them the same amp even if they are the same board not the same parts on the board. that being said both are great amps. With the dc you will get a warranty that will be backed up no questions asked . I've seen the 2ks run wired down to .34 with ease beating on them . Aq makes great stuff i run it check my sig but with dc your getting better warranty and a little better build amp .
What precisely is different? Every time this sort of thread comes up some nut-hugger swears there's so much difference between one brand and the next, I have yet to see any real evidence.

this , also the efficiency on the dc amp is better than the aq ,hence a clean signal .dc is greater than 90% rated at 4 ohms and the aq is 86% at 4 ohms
This is because of some magical DC pixie dust that makes the same circuit perform differently, or possibly just the way each derives their specs? Also if you think you're going to see anything near those published efficiency specs real-world you're out of your mind.

ok im wrong can u plese explain what the differance is ? not being a smart @ss just want to know so i make sure not to confuse the 2 in the future .
You will never get a legit answer to this question because there will be no statistically significant difference in performance.

You can believe what you like, but just because they "could" be in the same build house does not mean they are the same thing. Not even close.
Misinformation like you are spreading is why so many untrue rumors get started. Someone hears from someone this and then x leads to y and then everyone is being told the wrong shit.

That is what the internet is for. You just have to assume that 65% of the shit you read on the interwebz is just not true.
So what precisely is different besides the heatsink?

one thing is clear dc makes a great amp as does ab.aq.sundown,crescendo etc....
Actually none of them make amps whatsoever. Mmats makes amps, Zenon makes amps, Zapco makes amps. The companies you listed buy amps from Korea to slap their brand name on. There's a very few designs and 2 or 3 build houses. IMO the only thing that should sway you from one "brand" to another that would justify price is customer service and how much value you put on that. That's not dowing any of them, and I'd certainly not discourage anyone from running any of those products, but let's call a spade a spade.

I have never used the AQ before I did have a older dc pai 2k an I clamped it doing 1876 starting at 1ohm rising to 1.9ohm with just a singer 250 amp alt and big three and a kinetic hc1800 under the hood.
Not sure how good the new dc 2ks are but I loved my pai 2k. But I I'm no gonna recomend which one to get as I haven't used the AQ before.
I've clamped more than that out of mine when I ran one (that was a fantastic little amp), but that's a whole different animal. PAI series amps were same as Atomic/Sundown amps of that time period.

What precisely is different? Every time this sort of thread comes up some nut-hugger swears there's so much difference between one brand and the next, I have yet to see any real evidence.

This is because of some magical DC pixie dust that makes the same circuit perform differently, or possibly just the way each derives their specs? Also if you think you're going to see anything near those published efficiency specs real-world you're out of your mind.

You will never get a legit answer to this question because there will be no statistically significant difference in performance.

So what precisely is different besides the heatsink?

Actually none of them make amps whatsoever. Mmats makes amps, Zenon makes amps, Zapco makes amps. The companies you listed buy amps from Korea to slap their brand name on. There's a very few designs and 2 or 3 build houses. IMO the only thing that should sway you from one "brand" to another that would justify price is customer service and how much value you put on that. That's not dowing any of them, and I'd certainly not discourage anyone from running any of those products, but let's call a spade a spade.

I've clamped more than that out of mine when I ran one (that was a fantastic little amp), but that's a whole different animal. PAI series amps were same as Atomic/Sundown amps of that time period.
i agree with pretty all of what you have said ,but just because they are made at the same place doesnt mean that they are the same 100%.every one has they'er own little tweaks to try to be the best .i do agree with the efficiency statement tho .when you drop the ohm load on any amp you never know how well the efficiency is thats why they are not published .

i agree with pretty all of what you have said ,but just because they are made at the same place doesnt mean that they are the same 100%.every one has they'er own little tweaks to try to be the best .i do agree with the efficiency statement tho .when you drop the ohm load on any amp you never know how well the efficiency is thats why they are not published .
LOL.

jim u contridict yourself hispls, pretty much said what ive been saying in this thread and u agree ? i never said they were 100 % percent the same. the case changes then some use tiffany stlye rca the point is u say dc uses " the best of parts " well then so does the rest of the amps in that catergory that come from the build house do too.

Well if that's true, then they also cost around the same, so as usual it comes down to who's nuts you wanna swing from:)
i mean price can vary because some of them are dealer based unlike audioque who is a consumer direct so u will find some what of a price differance . imo if u take dd,dc,sundown etc its all about what amp case u like better,the price and the customer service really . for example i have no problem running an audioque hard core or a sundown . whatever i find the best deal is what i run . and yes i ran aq,dc,dd,rd,ab,sundown and b2 and i never blew any of them or did any of them dissapoint .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NuckinFutz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
NuckinFutz
Shreveport, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date