DC 2.0 vs AQ 2200

guys i dont want to get into a war over dc vs aq so im going to use a differnt example here .

i deal with alot of blown amps and i will compare a dd m4a and a 500.1 both the drive cards on the amps are inrerchangable as are the center caps and fets, both are the same type of board same build house. my ddm4a needed a terroid on the audio side and one from an american bass was used for 1 month and the amp perfromed the same .

im not saying which amp is best because its all about what flavor u like. dc,aq,sundown etc are all good amps

actually they are not the same , same boards yes but that is as far as it goes .the parts and layouts aren't even close .
jim, i know u rep dc and no dissrespect but i had both amps side by side and they lay out is identical as were some of the internals. was every single part for part the same ? idk because i did not check it all but fact is the layout is identical as is the crossover section and both have the same exact specs .and fyi neither of the 2 is active capable and the dc says remote with clip but the amp does not even have a port for a remote i will add

i can promise you the amps are not "the same amp"
ok im wrong can u plese explain what the differance is ? not being a smart @ss just want to know so i make sure not to confuse the 2 in the future .

ok im wrong can u plese explain what the differance is ? not being a smart @ss just want to know so i make sure not to confuse the 2 in the future .
may be based on similar board designs for instance look at the crescendo 5500 and dc 5k same boards right? yep same parts right ? nope . theres a reason stuff costs more . made in the same buildhouse maybe similar design maybe same exact parts no

So would like an 850 amp battery help or do I need better?
heres the math: watts/10-alternator ampereage = how many amps you need

example: AQ 2200= 2200 watts/10= 220amps-your alternator 105= 115 amps needed...but as mylows reminded me in another thread you still have to account for total amp draw from your car without system. also the 850 cca means nothing. the ???ah= amp hours. that is whats needed

jim, i know u rep dc and no dissrespect but i had both amps side by side and they lay out is identical as were some of the internals. was every single part for part the same ? idk because i did not check it all but fact is the layout is identical as is the crossover section and both have the same exact specs .and fyi neither of the 2 is active capable and the dc says remote with clip but the amp does not even have a port for a remote i will add
yea if you remember i also had both at one time for a short period .the layouts are simular ,but the parts are not ,which makes the difference ,dc uses the best parts available .i can say that the vfl did get a bit warm when running especially at 4 ohms bridged where the dc amp did not. same with my 500.1 amps ,they did get warm but never shut down.now my dc never got warm ever .

yea if you remember i also had both at one time for a short period .the layouts are simular ,but the parts are not ,which makes the difference ,dc uses the best parts available .i can say that the vfl did get a bit warm when running especially at 4 ohms bridged where the dc amp did not. same with my 500.1 amps ,they did get warm but never shut down.now my dc never got warm ever .
what i was saying but you said better lol

may be based on similar board designs for instance look at the crescendo 5500 and dc 5k same boards right? yep same parts right ? nope . theres a reason stuff costs more . made in the same buildhouse maybe similar design maybe same exact parts no
no the dc and crescendo are not the same not even close lol. im speaking of part for part compareson on the dc and vfl

Yup I almost got an Aq2200, but I got a deal on a 2.0 I could not pass up. Both are solid amps, so you can't go wrong. Whichever fits your budget better will serve you well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NuckinFutz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
NuckinFutz
Shreveport, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date