DC 2.0 vs AQ 2200

i will say one thing this thread got far off track . im just going to leave it alone if anyone wants the truth about the amps contact steve @ amp medics and he will tell you the same most of the amps we are talking about come from the same buildhouse and are built to the same standards lol. op both amps are solid and dont want this to turn into a war so pick which ever one u like ...

i will say one thing this thread got far off track . im just going to leave it alone if anyone wants the truth about the amps contact steve @ amp medics and he will tell you the same most of the amps we are talking about come from the same buildhouse and are built to the same standards lol. op both amps are solid and dont want this to turn into a war so pick whicjh ever on eu like ...
You can believe what you like, but just because they "could" be in the same build house does not mean they are the same thing. Not even close.

Misinformation like you are spreading is why so many untrue rumors get started. Someone hears from someone this and then x leads to y and then everyone is being told the wrong shit.

That is what the internet is for. You just have to assume that 65% of the shit you read on the interwebz is just not true.

i will say one thing this thread got far off track . im just going to leave it alone if anyone wants the truth about the amps contact steve @ amp medics and he will tell you the same most of the amps we are talking about come from the same buildhouse and are built to the same standards lol. op both amps are solid and dont want this to turn into a war so pick which ever one u like ...

Db-r will and has said the same thing on another car audio forum.

You can believe what you like, but just because they "could" be in the same build house does not mean they are the same thing. Not even close.
Misinformation like you are spreading is why so many untrue rumors get started. Someone hears from someone this and then x leads to y and then everyone is being told the wrong shit.

That is what the internet is for. You just have to assume that 65% of the shit you read on the interwebz is just not true.
i will say this one time and u can either undestand it or not . my info comes from pepole ive dealt with for amp repairs not some tv commercial or internet thread . do u repair amps or have a back ground in engineering? i do not but the pepole that made the claims i listed do . like i said before if somebody wants to get better info on what is really out there there are pepole that can explain better than me . one thing is clear dc makes a great amp as does ab.aq.sundown,crescendo etc....

heres the math: watts/10-alternator ampereage = how many amps you needexample: AQ 2200= 2200 watts/10= 220amps-your alternator 105= 115 amps needed...but as mylows reminded me in another thread you still have to account for total amp draw from your car without system. also the 850 cca means nothing. the ???ah= amp hours. that is whats needed
Well I have a fire bird with a 105 alt. Very easy on power though , no power locks or anything. PCM instead of computer, no AC and No heat. So with that said what type of battery would I need .

Well I have a fire bird with a 105 alt. Very easy on power though , no power locks or anything. PCM instead of computer, no AC and No heat. So with that said what type of battery would I need .
honestly bud try the amp and see what voltage drop u get . its hard to say because so many things come into play impedance ,voltage drop and box rise play a big role .

honestly bud try the amp and see what voltage drop u get . its hard to say because so many things come into play impedance ,voltage drop and box rise play a big role .
I'm 17 so I'm on a pretty tight budget but regardless I will probably need the big 3 done and 0 gauge wire right?

heres the math: watts/10-alternator ampereage = how many amps you needexample: AQ 2200= 2200 watts/10= 220amps-your alternator 105= 115 amps needed...but as mylows reminded me in another thread you still have to account for total amp draw from your car without system. also the 850 cca means nothing. the ???ah= amp hours. that is whats needed
What exactly is amp hours btw? How do they effect the system and how do I decide how many I need.

its under battery specs for what ever battery you look at. Do your big three and buy a $20 stinger cig light voltage meter. If your voltage dips below 12volts, then I Suggest you start looking for a battery with at least 75 to 100 AH. Amp hours is how many amps you can draw in one hour.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NuckinFutz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
NuckinFutz
Shreveport, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date