Dark Audio subs

Could I scale this down for an NKO? Less power means smaller enclosure correct?
yeah with power or box size u are trying to get sub to reach full excursion or close anyway.. so if you use a small box more power, if you use a "small" amp bigger box..

Larger enclosures are more efficient than smaller enclosures, so with limited power its a good idea to use a larger box to make the best use of the available power.
I musta hit the wrong button. Was trying to quote that box design previously posted for the DKI. As in could i scale that down by some magical number to use for the NKO I have? I've got the materials, but dont know much about designing a ported enclosure. Whenever I work on the new setup going in my mini truck i leave the passenger seat out for a couple days and pop in one of the old school BB12s I've got just for fun. Haven't been able to play with the DarkAI due to it being d2 and my 5channel only handles 2 ohm. 4 ohm would be a waste of time. But the amp is changing soon as well

[quote name='JW266']I musta hit the wrong button. Was trying to quote that box design previously posted for the DKI. As in could i scale that down by some magical number to use for the NKO I have? I've got the materials, but dont know much about designing a ported enclosure. Whenever I work on the new setup going in my mini truck i leave the passenger seat out for a couple days and pop in one of the old school BB12s I've got just for fun. Haven't been able to play with the DarkAI due to it being d2 and my 5channel only handles 2 ohm. 4 ohm would be a waste of time. But the amp is changing soon as well[/QUOTE]
could maybe make it a tad smaller, here's how u do that @shredder2 lol..

I'd redo the enclosure for your vehicle (tuning/configuration)/amp/load (power) and specific sub, (if it was me) tune it for your taste and enjoy. The 1st thing I'd do is model it up then use a calculator to get it close then draw it up in Sketchup and get specific with the results using Winisd.

That's how I do it anyways, I like to be as precise as possible and a new design ain't hard... just a lil' computer time... lol

I'm willing to help btw...

I'd redo the enclosure for your vehicle (tuning/configuration)/amp/load (power) and specific sub, (if it was me) tune it for your taste and enjoy. The 1st thing I'd do is model it up then use a calculator to get it close then draw it up in Sketchup and get specific with the results using Winisd.That's how I do it anyways, I like to be as precise as possible and a new design ain't hard... just a lil' computer time... lol

have u ever modeled a id idq 12? looking at those too but they say 1.5cf box idk if it will do ok at 1100rms in 2.2cf, not a ton of xmax.

Yep... I've looked at ID IDQ 12's before... why?
do u think 2.2cfad is good on it with 1100 rms (i guess 850 input power) will it be to much power or too big of a box? since they recommend 1.5cf (like my pioneer which u said 2.2cf would be too big for with any power, they have about same xmax too)

Why don't you enter all the variables and check maximum power and excursion on your volume and power?... jeez... you got Winisd same as me' and make a d*mn decision will ya?.. quit vacillating and buy something already.

And BTW... what does ID IDQ 12's got to do with the Thread title...

Why don't you enter all the variables and check maximum power and excursion on your volume and power?... jeez... you got Winisd same as me' and make a d*mn decision will ya?.. quit vacillating and buy something already.
And BTW... what does ID IDQ 12's got to do with the Thread title...
just looking around.. my buy fu750 d2 frank just listed some for $149 (probably best deal on 2.5" coil sub anywhere) that's less than i paid for last one and i'd gain 300rms..

I'd redo the enclosure for your vehicle (tuning/configuration)/amp/load (power) and specific sub, (if it was me) tune it for your taste and enjoy. The 1st thing I'd do is model it up then use a calculator to get it close then draw it up in Sketchup and get specific with the results using Winisd.That's how I do it anyways, I like to be as precise as possible and a new design ain't hard... just a lil' computer time... lol

It wouldnt be very specific since it would really just be for shits and gigs.. 86 Single cab toyota. Only way it'll fit is without a passenger seat lol. Its the NKO d2 and id give it 600 rms. I don't have a clue with the tuning frequency. I've only built a few very small sealed enclosures for the RF2208 ive got in my truck currently.

Just a single?.. what measurements you working with?... iirc they got good low end (reasonably) but idk what type of tune you'd like.

What amp/load you putting on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
just looking around.. my buy fu750 d2 frank just listed some for $149 (probably best deal on 2.5" coil sub anywhere) that's less than i paid for last one and i'd gain 300rms..
Your always looking around....and posting new threads.

A single 12 box is a snap to build Op... once I looked at it again the 33-35hz range is where I'd personally do one.... and not too much airspace either.

Once gramps quits threadjacking lemme know what space you've got to work with.

Just a single?.. what measurements you working with?... iirc they got good low end (reasonably) but idk what type of tune you'd like. What amp/load you putting on it?
18"x26"x20" - 18" being absolute max, the others have a little wiggle room. Yup, single NKO-12 d2@4ohm on 600rms. Like I said I don't know anything about tuning freqs. Whatever pulls the highest SPL? Or maybe something called the, "Low Lows," is that an obtainable tuning freq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.