Dark Audio subs

Them parameters are for the 500 watter... the NKO. I'm wondering about the DKI myself... the TKO I looked at, and the largest volume/lowest tune I could find was 1.84 ft3 with a 34hz tune at rated (500 watts). That's tryin to keep the excursion within limits... any bigger volume at anything tuned lower than 34hz and any lower tune makes the box small (no low end extension) so I found a happy medium (1.84ft3) and well... you know... lolBut hey... for a 500 watt $100 sub the response looks pretty decent...

3yhO9r.jpg

I think I read those parameters correctly... 23mm "Peak to peak"... and ... wow... a 3" VC on a 500 watt sub, I think if those coils hang and you watch the box volume/tune... they look okay to me

JpaiNY.jpg

Still couldn't find parameters on the DKI 12... that's the one I was talking about not finding parameters for BTW... Those look FAR more interesting... read some of the reviews... lol
what about 2.2cf ad 35.5hz with 750rms input power? wish you would model a pioneer 3003 see what u think of that around 1.6cf ad with 500 watts system power (after rise) around 35hz..

Ya... I see em now... I wonder how a single DKI-12D2 would hang on a Synergy 3K if enclosed correctly?

9Pl5EU.jpg

I don't want to rely on the reviews only... IDK... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Ya... I see em now... I wonder how a single DKI-12D2 would hang on a Synergy 3K if enclosed correctly?
9Pl5EU.jpg

I don't want to rely on the reviews only... IDK... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
i doubt it would take more than 2k.. 1 of the cabs probably be good for it.. they still look to pricey compared to other subs about same $ but it has large surround like bigger subs.. it don't like 2.2 cf ad?

i doubt it would take more than 2k.. 1 of the cabs probably be good for it.. they still look to pricey compared to other subs about same $ but it has large surround like bigger subs.. it don't like 2.2 cf ad?
Why the fixation on 2.2ft3 net?

Because that’s the box he already has
Ahhhh... I see... lol... are you really considering the sub Gramps or is it another wish in a long line of wishes, threads... etc... I'm not wastin' my time, build an enclosure for once and I'll model up whatever you want... I'll even even throw in some plans.

Ahhhh... I see... lol... are you really considering the sub Gramps or is it another wish in a long line of wishes, threads... etc... I'm not wastin' my time, build an enclosure for once and I'll model up whatever you want... I'll even even throw in some plans.
nah i'd like u to model the pioneer just for everyone to see (don't need sketch) no i was just saying i thought most subs with good size to them normally do better in bigger box than that, i could see the cheaper dark sub needed the smaller box.. yeah 2.2 is about what i'd have on the smaller dark sub.. once audiobahn test the new sq hds 3.1 if he says it's good i may want that checked in my box.. cause they list same specs for d2 and d4 just like fu and the hds bl at 27 i know ain't that high on the d2 probably just 22 or so but the 27 makes my port air to high.. everyone says hds don't play low so waiting for someone i can trust on the newer model..

I'll tell ya this much... the bigger you go those Pioneers start to lose power handling quick and the response is not to my liking anyways... sorry

At least those Darks go low pretty ok, even the starter ones... just best to look at box size... I wouldn't put those Pioneers in a 2.2ft2 box and put much power on em.... h*ll I wouldn't run em' anyways.

I've got 1 of the NKO-12s. Overall build quality is good. Too bad the tranny let go in the vehicle before i could get it into a legit enclosure. I swapped it into a sealed box in hoping to relieve some of my transmission frustration and it sounded good. I can say that the dude behind DarkAI is easy to get a hold of and was quick to answer my questions regarding other pieces of my setup. If/when they drop 8's ill probably tearing my truck apart again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.