Dark Audio subs

You lookin for SPL? ... find the cabin frequency and tune around that, use an aero and burp it, won't be musical probably tho... but might give ya' a headache... lol. You'll lose SPL tuning low but it might "sound" louder to you. I'd probably do a 35-36hz tune if ported just to still have some lows. It wont slam decaf at that tune but will be a decent compromise. H*ll most enclosures are a collection of compromises. Probably need to tune in the 60's for max SPL in a small truck.

You lookin for SPL? ... find the cabin frequency and tune around that, use an aero and burp it, won't be musical probably tho... but might give ya' a headache... lol. You'll lose SPL tuning low but it might "sound" louder to you. I'd probably do a 35-36hz tune if ported just to still have some lows. It wont slam decaf at that tune but will be a decent compromise. H*ll most enclosures are a collection of compromises. Probably need to tune in the 60's for max SPL in a small truck.
How do I go about finding the cabin frequency?

Def not into that burping thing. Would want it to be at home with some G-Eazy, Lil Wayne, Tyga, The Weeknd, Outkast, Too Short, etc...

If that's your music listening style... forget about cabin frequency and burps... lol.. I'd tune low-mid 30's and it should dig enough to even play some re-bassed/decaf stuff. Just don't wang-away way under tuning at full volume.

If that's your music listening style... forget about cabin frequency and burps... lol.. I'd tune low-mid 30's and it should dig enough to even play some re-bassed/decaf stuff. Just don't wang-away way under tuning at full volume.
I'd have to look but I wanna say the amp is use has a 15-35 subsonic. But I'm not worried about hurting anything. I'm too old for ****** sq. And in my experience things start sounding gross before you start fires in your gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.