Dark Audio subs

Does anyone run these subs? I haven’t read any feedback on them, besides some youtube videos. I would be curious for anyone’s thoughts or impressions, if you have owned or heard them.
i been wondering too.. some peeps said one of us should test them.. i ask guy about them yesterday (the cheap 3" coil one) and he said like all other just a cheap china sub.. the bigger one is like $200 and u can get nicer for that $...

i been wondering too.. some peeps said one of us should test them.. i ask guy about them yesterday (the cheap 3" coil one) and he said like all other just a cheap china sub.. the bigger one is like $200 and u can get nicer for that $...
Wow, if your calling it cheap then it must really be a pos

I just can't trust anything that has no parameters listed... only box recommendations... They look allright but I just don't see where the T/S parameters are listed on their site... http://www.darkaudioindustries.com/product/dki-12/ ... maybe it's me but I like to model/design/plan BEFORE buying... the reviews read like they're some pretty solid subs tho... IDK... I don't even see sensitivity #'s... I guess you just build the box to THEIR recommendations and pour on the power?

If you go to nko12 and click on description, the T/S parameters are there.
i'm sur they fine if u don't over power them., saw video where spider pack came unglued or piece that hold it down broke or something.. the nicer ones do look good but $219 man, i'd get a xfl or fu for that..

Them parameters are for the 500 watter... the NKO. I'm wondering about the DKI myself... the TKO I looked at, and the largest volume/lowest tune I could find was 1.84 ft3 with a 34hz tune at rated (500 watts). That's tryin to keep the excursion within limits... any bigger volume at anything tuned lower than 34hz and any lower tune makes the box small (no low end extension) so I found a happy medium (1.84ft3) and well... you know... lol

But hey... for a 500 watt $100 sub the response looks pretty decent...

3yhO9r.jpg

I think I read those parameters correctly... 23mm "Peak to peak"... and ... wow... a 3" VC on a 500 watt sub, I think if those coils hang and you watch the box volume/tune... they look okay to me

JpaiNY.jpg

Still couldn't find parameters on the DKI 12... that's the one I was talking about not finding parameters for BTW... Those look FAR more interesting... read some of the reviews... lol

I just can't trust anything that has no parameters listed... only box recommendations... They look allright but I just don't see where the T/S parameters are listed on their site... http://www.darkaudioindustries.com/product/dki-12/ ... maybe it's me but I like to model/design/plan BEFORE buying... the reviews read like they're some pretty solid subs tho... IDK... I don't even see sensitivity #'s... I guess you just build the box to THEIR recommendations and pour on the power?
SPECS https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Audio-Industries-DKI-12-12-Subwoofer-D2-HD-3-Voice-Coil-225oz-Magnet/273153849550?hash=item3f993cf8ce:g:pyAAAOSw~y9ZGKGt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.