D6, Type R, or RE SR?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DAffiliated
10+ year member

40ANVGT
AL
I have a 04 Mustang GT and looking to just get a little bass in my trunk. I was looking at getting either a Diamond Audio 12 D6, RE Audio SR12, or Alpine Type R.......which one of these subs would be best and I'm planning on buying another amp....I was just going to use my little Alpine MRP 350 for the time being to break the sub in.....anybody have any suggestions

the D6 or the Type R would be your best bet. but they need way more than that Alpine 350. you should also state your price range. and you know mustang trunks **** so are you trying to go ported or sealed? i barely fit 2 cubes ported through the trunk with no cutting or bending.

Ok well, I have a ported box already.......I'm not sure what size it is, but I was running I had D3 12 in it, about a week ago I tried putting the box in the trunk of my car and I did run into some fitment issues, but after some pushing and bending it did fit.....so I'm looking at getting a good 12 inch sub within the $150-$225 range that will give me good clean bass. If I have to, I will upgrade upgrade on the amp and I'll spend up to $150-$225 on the amp maybe more depending on what amp it is......

Im gonna have to say type r, probably cause I have one lol. But for 2 cubes which is probably what your box is around it will do very well, and then get about a 600-800w rms amp and you are good to go. You can probably pick up a type r for about 150-200 where you are at and if you get it from the forum they can be had for around 100 shipped. And then get an amp off here, unless you want all new stuff which you can still do with your price range.

I have run the M6's for a while, older version of the D6 and have been happy with ithem. I like it better than the R. As for the RE sub I cannot comment because I have not heard it.

I heard the Type R at an audio shop and I don't know if it was just their setup or what, but it was loud..........but I wasn't impressed:blackeye: then I heard the RE 12 on an amp that was rated at 400 watts at 2 ohms and it sounded louder than the Type R and the bass was much cleaner than the type R. I have yet to hear a

D6 yet......but I'm still open for suggestions......what amp for either sub, because I don't want to have a descent sub and then get a garbage amp that doesn't make the rated power or doesn't sound well.

I think the d6 and R would both run nicely off about 800 watts. The Re sub is rated for 300, not sure how much should be ran to it because I don't have any experience with it. I am glad you got a chance to test out two of the subs, I think that pretty much rules out the R if you think the RE has more output and better SQ.

I got 2 re se's in my daily car ported, and they are a nice sub hits clean, and hard.

Were doing a install of 2 15" sx in my truck this week....

I like RE, if you can find a decent price

You're right about the if you can find a descent price......the shop wants $260 for the SR 12.........but I can get it for almost half that off of ebay.....but I'm curious about the D6...I had a D3 and it sounded ok.....so if the D6 is all that they say it is, I may go that route and get another amp....

Contrary to what people on here will tell you, you don't need 500+ watts or a huge enclosure for a 12" Type R. For the price, and what you're looking to do, it would be a very solid choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.