Cylinder style 80a fuse melting, then blowing at high volume.

original.0

look at your wire and look for a brand

I didn't use a DMM, I just turned the gain until I heard distortion then dropped it a bit, I left my subsonic at 45hz cause my box is tuned to 50 hz.
the other settings, I just messed with until it sounded clean.

I have never had this problem before and I have had a system for past 5 years, always hooking them up myself. just this time I got a bigger system. So I will get a 125a fuse see what that does and get back to you guys, appreciate the help!
50Hz, Jesus, you attempting a burp box?

I do plan on upgrading to 0ga eventually. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I totally agree with the 4ga wire coming from audio dealer meaning squat, I know it looks better than other 4ga wire I've seen and seems like it is bigger. it may be **** though idk. lol what's a good brand to go with for when I get 0ga?

I just haven't got a better box built yet, Working with what I got. that will be one of my next upgrades, I was thinking of getting one tuned around 30 hz Not sure if that's best or not.

I just want it to be as loud as it can be.

I do plan on upgrading to 0ga eventually. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I totally agree with the 4ga wire coming from audio dealer meaning squat, I know it looks better than other 4ga wire I've seen and seems like it is bigger. it may be **** though idk. lol what's a good brand to go with for when I get 0ga?
Sky High is what I'm running, it's oversized so you gotta get lugs and whatnot through them or 2/0 regular ring terminals. It's great stuff though. There are many other options that I can't think of right now, I just only have personal experience with Sky High.

Check that all of your connections are secure and make sure your ground is bare metal to metal and not screwed into the body or terminated under a seat bolt. It needs to be bolted to the frame or to a structural part of the body such as a strut tower. If you plan to re use the fuse holder, at least re terminate the wires that come into it. They've been hot and are likely not making good connection.

Also, turn the gain down. Once you hear distortion the gain is already turned up way too much. you should be able to turn the head unit volume to about 75% without hearing any distortion from the sub. If you can't, you have the gain set too high.

ok, and is there any place at all in my trunk I can put the ground wire? That's one of my problems is finding a good ground, I pulled the inside of trunk lining off on left side and hooked it to a bolt, but I did take a drill with a grinder tip and grinded it down to bare metal.

ok, and is there any place at all in my trunk I can put the ground wire? That's one of my problems is finding a good ground, I pulled the inside of trunk lining off on left side and hooked it to a bolt, but I did take a drill with a grinder tip and grinded it down to bare metal.
That's probably fine so long as it's a relatively thick panel you're bolted to.

yeah it is.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

is there a 125a fuse that will fit in a cylinder fuse holder?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.