Cutting wood.......

actually i will know in a day or two, but then again if some kid in lumber doesnt know what side of the line to cut on i can see where things would get altered.

Had anyone had luck with lowes or home depot cuttings all the wood for your box? Ive heard they always mess up but i have no access to a truck to get the wood home uncut
I'd just measure all the pieces after they make the cuts and if they mess it up, don't buy it. Depending on the size of pieces you need, I usually just get the 4x8' sheet cut into three equal pieces so I can fit it into my car and then cut it at home myself.

actually as of late there is new rules, you buy first then they cut, so if they mess up it on you as buyer.
****. I have everything else for the build. The wood is the only thing holding me back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Have them cut the wood 1/8" more than you need... and measure before they cut and after they cut... I have not had one issue with them doing that here. or messing up the cuts.

I had them do my first box for 2 8's...just make it clear to them that you want the cuts to be as close as possible and keep an eye on them. Granted some of the cuts will be slightly off but that's what silicone is for

don't waste your time getting them to cut it, it's not going to come out right as they use a cabinet saw that is not calibrated. their cuts don't come out true b/c there is no fence to keep the cut square when they pull the saw if the cut is a vertical cut. i never understood why someone would think that someone making minimum wage or close to it will do a job that is usually meant for professional or at least someone with the correct tools. btw I'm a vendor in the Home Depot and I see the clowns that work there on a daily basis.

HD has been hit or miss for me, sometimes its less than 1/32" sometimes its near 1/8" off and thats what a joiner is for (if you have access to one). What I have learned is that you have a better chance of the cuts being accurate if you go early in the day before 4-5pm. The people that are there the last few hours the store is open generally fuck up more.

Have them cut the wood 1/8" more than you need... and measure before they cut and after they cut... I have not had one issue with them doing that here. or messing up the cuts.
Great idea, but id go at least 1/2 in more on each cut,be easier for a skill saw to cut off than 1/8in,and a smoother cut,just my .02cents

Great idea, but id go at least 1/2 in more on each cut,be easier for a skill saw to cut off than 1/8in,and a smoother cut,just my .02cents
I do the 1/8" to count for the blade is all... I use a band sander if I need to smooth anything out.

I had a "Kid" at Lowes cut up my wood. The guy I talked to went and got him as I said I need pretty exact cuts. They were pretty darn close. Just make sure they know how you want them cut, if they can't do it they should tell you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.