Cutting Ports?

drifterman33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here Is a picture of my box with the ports that I would Like to do to make it better (red Rectangles are not to scale)..... There is also a picture of inside the box as you can see there is a ledge inside ......do you guys think that this a good idea to make it ported right there and also how big would the ports have to be??

we already told you it was a retarded idea...

but if you have to, use pvc ports so you will save the most internal volume and you can change out lengths of pvc until you can make it not sound like total ****

Well i really havent looked into it and it seems really difficult because of my box shape and size...where do you get that areo port and can you trim it to meet specifications? Also could you explain what it takes to make a good port job?? Like what length should i cut and then would i have to re tune my amp to the new hz??

Well i really havent looked into it and it seems really difficult because of my box shape and size...where do you get that areo port and can you trim it to meet specifications? Also could you explain what it takes to make a good port job?? Like what length should i cut and then would i have to re tune my amp to the new hz??
http://www.partsexpress.com sells precision ports. they come with a formula for cutting them. the only thing you might wanna do to your amp is turn on the subsonic filter, if it has one.

If i turn off the bass boost then my woofers dont sound that loud at all...I would i have to turn the gain almost all the way up
turn the boost off and set the gains properly with a dmm, or at least set them to what preout voltage your deck is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.