Cut through

Participant count
  • Participant list

FarrisAudio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ky
i got it done. I havent been able to test really good yet, since i already worked 11 hours on it today. But as for turning it up, it didnt get near as loud as i expected. I am using 2 dayton audio rssHO 15's, the box is 8 cu. ft. after displacement, 10.5" port, at 33 hz. my amp is an audiopipe ap3000. Is it possible the box is too big?

yea, i had no idea what my peak was so i did a sweep. And they timer ran out before The sweep hit my peak(i found out later it was 37hz) and it did a 143.6@ 43hz. I made some changes to it, have a new peak now, and ill found out for sure what it can do at a comp next month in frankfort.

Looks good. Can you give a few more details about the process. I have a 1983 F150 that I'm think about cutting up. Any bracing or anything, any tips, advice, pointers, etc.

Looks good. Can you give a few more details about the process. I have a 1983 F150 that I'm think about cutting up. Any bracing or anything, any tips, advice, pointers, etc.
Thank you. I took my time with it, because i didn't want to mess anything up. It was about 9 or so hours doing it all. I really took my time lol. I marked the hole in the bed.

I cut it with a cutting wheel. I made the corners round, with the radius of a cutting wheel. I cut the corners with a jigsaw. On the inside, the top 2 corners, i couldn't cut them with a jigsaw. So i cut and angle on it, and grounded the radius out with a cutting wheel.

I used accordion boot to seal the cab/bed. One site had it for $6/ft, another had it for $73 for 15ft, i bought the 15ft roll. I put caulking on the metal, and then put on the boot. The bottom metal was almost corrugated, but it went on that fairly well.

I glued waterproof padding strips to the front lips of the box(i had the sub panel 3" deep). After that i put caulking around the edges.

Then i pushed the box tight against the bed, and used L brackets to secure it. 1 on each side, and one on the back.

I figured my window would flex like crazy, so i got a piece of 3/8"x2" steel, the width of my window, and bolted it to the metal below my window. I would say it helps, but it still flexes a lot.

mail

mail

i love these types of builds....i just cant make myself cut the back of my truck though, lol
haha, it wasnt too hard for me. just because the system might be worth as much as the truck. it has over 300k miles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.