Custom Fiberglass Progress Thread: check it out

crazy4ozs

Banned
Decatur. IL
aight guys, so this is my first solo fiberglass job, ive watched a few people do quite complex work as well as partake in a few fiberglassing adventures myself, but this is by far the most challenging project i have included myself in ever. it will be a fully glassed trunk, so when u pop it, all u see is painted glass and equipment, im not going into detial, but i will say this, it will incouperate 2 AA Avas and an Orion 2500D...make sure u check back often to see the progress of it...here are a few teaser pics

DSCN0832.jpg

support board

DSCN0839.jpg

amp rack

DSCN0836.jpg

logo layout...

DSCN0838.jpg

supports for logo...

even tho this is a very complicated set up...i think everything is going very smoothly..let me hear ur input...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

UPDATE...

so i got the side pieces cut today (total pain in teh ass) those sides will be the bottoms of my sub boxes...they will be apprx 2 cubes sealed...identical boxes..check it out so far...(excuse the bricks, they are weighing down teh edges so they can dry)

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

the slits on each side are for the vertical pieces to clear the amp rack...

looks good. plan on doing something kinda like this late this year or early next.

one question, why not go ahead and glass the wheel well since it doesn't look like you will be able to get to the spare anyways?

becasue my 4 channel is under there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and there is no point because i dont need the air space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.