Custom Fiberglass Progress Thread: check it out

You're going to be doing the glassing, etc etc IN the trunk? That's gonna be a pain, but good luck, looks great so far.
Yea, it will be a pain, but thats how most of the totally custom jobs are done. Only way to get a good fit, because if you do a full trunk job, there is no way to get the box either in or out once the glassing is done.

Yea, it will be a pain, but thats how most of the totally custom jobs are done. Only way to get a good fit, because if you do a full trunk job, there is no way to get the box either in or out once the glassing is done.
Lol yea..my back would be forever sore from continuously leaning in there.

ya, fish is rite...thats the only way to make it totally custom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hopefully this turns out as good as some of ur stuff fish

ya, fish is rite...thats the only way to make it totally custom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
hopefully this turns out as good as some of ur stuff fish
Just take your time. And remember, your two best friends for the next few weeks will be.....

Sandpaper and a Beer.

Good luck.

Just take your time. And remember, your two best friends for the next few weeks will be.....

Sandpaper and a Beer.

Good luck.

lol, thats rite...i went to home depot today and picked up a brand new electric snader...preety freakin sweet if u ask me

hey fish, ive been meaning to ask u...how far away from Kansas City are u...i sure would like to take a day trip and come meet u sometime...

just fyi...u were one of the first ones that got me intrested in glass...

hey fish, ive been meaning to ask u...how far away from Kansas City are u...i sure would like to take a day trip and come meet u sometime...

just fyi...u were one of the first ones that got me intrested in glass...
KC is 3 hrs away from me. Im near Wichita. I used to go to school up in KC though, Rockhurst University, dont know if you have heard of it or not. But yea, outta get a trip lined up sometime, would be fun.

Also, glad I could get you started. Hopefully I havent steered you in the wrong direction. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nah, u couldnt do that, but ya, once i get this project done id love to come up and meet u...and ya, ive herd of rockhurst...my gf has taken classes thru that uni //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif sounds like a great school! well just PM me if u wann get a trip set up

SMALL UPDATE!

here is a picture of another pair of vertical walls put up...and my lovely gf modelling them (i no u guys will like that)

DSCN0859.jpg

UPDATE!

so i bought 5 cans of "great stuff" and am using them as a "space filler/sound deadener"...plus i got a new toy...check it out

DSCN0864.jpg

new toy...5 in rounded Ryobi Sander

DSCN0865.jpg

4 cans of used "great stuff"

DSCN0867.jpg

this is how far 20 bux woth of expanding foam gets u...HALF WAY!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.