Custom build - expert advice needed.

LOL, yeah...8 exotic pearls in this paint, it's nuts. I'm basically just taking elements from the new scirocco that we don't get, and implementing them into mine. The paint, engine, etc...I've owned and built several mk5's, so I've got a soft spot for this engine anyway. I also worked for VW for 14 years fixing these dam things. This engine with just a k04 and fuel pump and some uni software is gonna be around 300hp in a 2100lb car...and the way I built the transmission, it'll cruise 70mph at 2300rpm's all day long.
We cut out my arches (which barely flare out at all on a mk1), and cut out the same from a mk2 GTI (much wider), and welded them in. Alot easier to say than do obviously...and they look like they belong there. We probably spent 40 hours alone getting them on there and making them look legit. and mk1 rocco didn't have a fuel door, just an exposed cap. Again, just cut a fuel door and surrounding metal out of a mk2 jetta, and grafted it in.

Thanks again, I'll definitely shoot him a pm. I'm not tied to JL at all...I just happen to have one out of my old R32. I'd be just as happy tossing it in my TDI wagon and something works better for this project.
200hp in a 2100lb car is a lot. You don't have to try and per sway me into what fast is. My jetta is a 1.8L, and so is my bmw. SO I know what slow is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That is a great idea. Fast car, but still have good daily driver capabilities.

Wow. I can't believe you cut off and welded on new arches. It doesn't look like you did that. What a fantastic job you did.

JL is definitely a great brand. But there are so many SQ brands out there and you could something a little more unique if you would like.

I am by no means a fabricator or anything. I am 22. But I will be adding a 2nd alternator in my jetta if you would like to see how it was done. (I didn't do it, my buddy did 1 for me, and iraggi did the other). I just did the serpentine belt conversion, which I thought would be over my head. But was straight forward and easy.

200hp in a 2100lb car is a lot. You don't have to try and per sway me into what fast is. My jetta is a 1.8L, and so is my bmw. SO I know what slow is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That is a great idea. Fast car, but still have good daily driver capabilities.

Wow. I can't believe you cut off and welded on new arches. It doesn't look like you did that. What a fantastic job you did.

JL is definitely a great brand. But there are so many SQ brands out there and you could something a little more unique if you would like.

I am by no means a fabricator or anything. I am 22. But I will be adding a 2nd alternator in my jetta if you would like to see how it was done. (I didn't do it, my buddy did 1 for me, and iraggi did the other). I just did the serpentine belt conversion, which I thought would be over my head. But was straight forward and easy.
Check out my build thread, detailed pics of everything thus far:

VWVortex.com - I hate money...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.