Craigslist Deal - Are These Salvageable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
12" JL Audio W7 and W6 both do NOT work - Sale or Trade

JL W6 and JL W7 - Both broken, unknown issue. W6 looks rough, W7 looks fair.

I probably can talk him down on the price because he honestly just wants them gone by the sound of it. He said he bought them broken for some unknown reason and when he tried playing them they didn't do anything so I'm not sure what the problem is with them but does anyone think they may be salvageable? The W6 looks beaten to hell from installs but the W7 looks alright to me. He said I can take a look so is there anything I can do to them to see if there is any way to revive these? Let me know.

20130301184758282.jpg

201303011846254631.jpg

20130301184735679.jpg

20130301184602366.jpg

I also have a question about fixing a broken sub. I blew a memphis mojo 15" a couple months ago because it was my first sub and my ******* didn't wire it to both terminals like I should have. Its a $600 sub so I really don't wanna just get rid of it. But my question is would it be worth it to fix it? A recone kit alone is like $150 new I think. And I have no idea how much new coils would be. Any help?

I also have a question about fixing a broken sub. I blew a memphis mojo 15" a couple months ago because it was my first sub and my ******* didn't wire it to both terminals like I should have. Its a $600 sub so I really don't wanna just get rid of it. But my question is would it be worth it to fix it? A recone kit alone is like $150 new I think. And I have no idea how much new coils would be. Any help?
Memphis can be reconed with commonly available parts. JL, not so much since everything is proprietary. I suspect a recone from JL costs more than used W7 in working condition

you can get a custom recone from psi or splaudio from here.....other than that jl charges around 250 for the w7 to be reconed i believe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.