Custom Box

GrandAmGT
10+ year member

Grand Am GT in the Making
97 grand am GT..Measured my trunk...Heres the specs:

Left to right: around 37 inches

Top to Bottom: 16 inches

Back of trunk to Seats: 34 inches *Take an inch or two off if needed.

so somebody told me thats like 9ft^3 and that equals about 3,5 cubic feet per chamber for Two 12" Kicker L5/L7's (Ported Box)

Will 3.5 fit in my trunk perfectly??? is that info all right.

or is it wrong...need info...looking to get as big as box possiblem, but still being able to fit it in my trunke asily with no hesitiation...

Originally posted by GrandAmGT 97 grand am GT..Measured my trunk...Heres the specs:

Left to right: around 37 inches

Top to Bottom: 16 inches

Back of trunk to Seats: 34 inches *Take an inch or two off if needed.

so somebody told me thats like 9ft^3 and that equals about 3,5 cubic feet per chamber for Two 12" Kicker L5/L7's (Ported Box)

Will 3.5 fit in my trunk perfectly??? is that info all right.

or is it wrong...need info...looking to get as big as box possiblem, but still being able to fit it in my trunke asily with no hesitiation...
36x16x32/1728= 10.67 cu ft. Thats about 5.33 cu ft/sub before any displacements. Take into consideration MDF thickness(3/4"), so (36-1.5)(16-1.5)(32-1.5)/1728=8.8 cu ft internal before sub and port displacement.

Originally posted by Jmac That depends on tuning. Also, why would you want two chambers ?
Yeah, you know how much of a pain in the ass it would be to port 2 separate chamber to the exact same dimensions? Just go common chamber.

Ok...I measured my trunk as good as I could:

Heres about the BIGGEST somethings gonna fit into my trunk.

Left to right: 35 inches

Top to Bottom: 15, it could be taller, but the box would hit my Rear Magnets, otherwise i could fit like 16-17 inches

Back of trunk to Amp thats on my rear seat: 30 inches, maybe 31....30 because it would hit my amp thats on my rear seat, otherwise i could add a few more inches but that amp sticks out a little...

so what does that give me, Two kicker 12" l7's or l5's. I want it ported, with that slot as a portt(or vent)....how much can i fit, aka, how many feet per cube

Than for the help guys.. :p

Are you planning to build the box inside the car? How would you get that badboy in there? Does your rear seat fold down to slide a large box in?

no, i cant build one in there..haah....my seat folds down, but it only goives me like 12 inches, and that isnt enough.

If I take my entire rear seat out, it give me right around 13-14 inches, and it would be a tight fit. It goes from 14 inches to 15 inches, so i cant have it 15....

13 inches tall, and really long/wide...prolly sealed now (so i can use a smaller box)

ummm... i beleive L7 and L5 12"s are more like 13 or something, i heard something about how big they are, might wanna take a look a that so u know you can get that sub in a 13" space.

Originally posted by GrandAmGT no, i cant build one in there..haah....my seat folds down, but it only goives me like 12 inches, and that isnt enough.

If I take my entire rear seat out, it give me right around 13-14 inches, and it would be a tight fit. It goes from 14 inches to 15 inches, so i cant have it 15....

13 inches tall, and really long/wide...prolly sealed now (so i can use a smaller box)
I wouldn't seal L7's...just don't sound that great sealed IMO...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.