custom box help

Jerm1400

Senior VIP Member
I built a box for two American Bass TNT 12's tuned to 33hz @ 4 cubic feet with .75 MDF. I have them on a little pioneer gm d8604.They probably are getting about 300 each. When I turn it up full tilt the box flexes at the top towards the center and I hear noise inside the box. I braced the box with 1.5 inch wood front to back & top to bottom. Can some tell me what's going on? I

CAM02002_zpsbf08ef32.jpeg

Can you see it now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Box dont look half bad. Not sure why you're flexing.How does the top panel of mdf fit?? Is it tight and even?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif my first time. And it's tight but slightly uneven I cut the wood with a skill saw. But I'm confused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif because it only flexes where the bracing is

Box actually does look pretty good especially for first time. I would maybe remove the wood bracing and buy some 1/2 inch all thread washers and nuts and use that for bracing instead. Run 2 top to bottom behind the subs and one width wise maybe even buy some 1 inch flat bar and tie it into the all thread that runs top to bottom to help with the flexing. One other pointer I would either carpet or paint the enclosure most woods are porous and this would help seal it.

Box actually does look pretty good especially for first time. I would maybe remove the wood bracing and buy some 1/2 inch all thread washers and nuts and use that for bracing instead. Run 2 top to bottom behind the subs and one width wise maybe even buy some 1 inch flat bar and tie it into the all thread that runs top to bottom to help with the flexing. One other pointer I would either carpet or paint the enclosure most woods are porous and this would help seal it.

Thanks. I have no air leaks I checked already it just flexes at the top where the middle brace is i'm going to try adding more bracing & see if that helps and which clue would be best to put carpet on the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.