CT Sounds Meso 8's in 03 Tundra

did just 1 coil on one of the 8's get disconnected? earlier said phase wasn't an issue and the speakers were moving the same directions, but if one was completely disconnected they wouldn't.
They're DVC. They were both moving, I even showed some folks at work today and they were baffled, and laughed that my door speakers were indeed louder. Obviously my hand on the cone isn't a good measure of being in phase or not, but both subs felt like they were moving. I turned it up a bit, to what looked like both subs giving 1" excursion, so it just confused the **** out of me. Either way, when I took out the subs, that was the only thing I noticed that was wrong. There was one strand of speaker wire left (where I took the positive of one coil and put it to the negative of the other coil).

I'm just happy it all works!

If you do build a new box, just notch out a little where the mounting posts are so the wire goes in easily.
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Annnnnnnnnd, this is why you guys are smarter than I!!

build it dammit!!
Haha, I will. It may, or may not be this weekend though. I gotta keep the wife and kids happy. I told her I was going to clean the garage this weekend, since I made a huge mess building this box. BUT, she has like 3 hours of church time on Sundays, which I am a heathen and don't attend...and considering it doesn't take me long at all to build a box, I just might. I have to play with the numbers in WinISD to figure out box dimensions, including port displacement (will probably use the PVC I have already), that way I can just get the wood and work quickly.

There's no way to insert the speaker wire backwords in those spring terminals on the subs is there? To prevent what happened to ya.

There's no way to insert the speaker wire backwords in those spring terminals on the subs is there? To prevent what happened to ya.
I could, but it would stick out just as much from what I remember. The subs give very little room for anything, it's pretty much the same size halfway down. I'll give it a try if/when I do a ported box.

CSCStang mentioned a good idea of notching a little bit out of the bottom part of the baffle to give some room for the wires.

Still waiting on my Singer Alternator...with that, I haven't upgraded my battery yet nor have I done the big 3! I have everything ready to go for all of that...just waiting on Singer. Anyway, I got a wild hair up my butt and rewired the subs for a 1 ohm load. Wayyyyy louder, although I'm not sure how long my Colossus LTD will like that (it's only a 2 ohm mono stable amp... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif). I haven't looked at building a ported box either, PROBABLY next weekend...maybe...it'll happen though...sometime.

I'll edit this post with a video in a few min....

Singer Alternator installed! Looking at building the ported box tomorrow/Sat...Anymore input before I build? I have 4" PVC to work with, and whatever wood I buy tomorrow...Seems there was a discrepancy between building a box at 1.25 or .8, both at around 34Hz. Will post pics as I start to build tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.