NSTALN's Rogue TOTALED...but got a new truck!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

NSTALN
10+ year member

Dismember
Lady ran a stop sign and killed my Nissan Rogue...

rigcci.jpg

Progressive Insurance got the settlement within a week...which allowed me to pick up this new buggy:

2lwsti0.jpg

I was able to salvage all my audio equipment with the exception of the Audiofrog GS693's which were in the doors.

BIG planz for the new truck....stay tuned...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Quick question...the plan at the moment is to run a pair of MASS 12's sealed and down-firing...are the MASS drivers OK to mount down-firing? Will it cause any long term sag issues?

Quick question...the plan at the moment is to run a pair of MASS 12's sealed and down-firing...are the MASS drivers OK to mount down-firing? Will it cause any long term sag issues?
The suspension is definitely one of the softer suspension builds from TC so it's worth considering. I have to maintain the stuff I have stored away by turning it once in a while, alternating between up and down storage to combat the sag. Planning to build some baffles that will allow me to store everything on it's side so that I can forget all about that issue.
Take a look at the current sag. If you have any downward sag, I would go for it. But as you stroke them bishes over the long term, they will end up sagging no matter what.

The suspension is definitely one of the softer suspension builds from TC so it's worth considering. I have to maintain the stuff I have stored away by turning it once in a while, alternating between up and down storage to combat the sag. Planning to build some baffles that will allow me to store everything on it's side so that I can forget all about that issue.
Take a look at the current sag. If you have any downward sag, I would go for it. But as you stroke them bishes over the long term, they will end up sagging no matter what.
Thanks...another question...what's your method for cleaning the rear end of these motors? I've seen the ones you've cleaned up and they look fantastic...there is a real possibility that the new install will reveal the asses of the 12's and I'll want to make them shiny. Thanks.

Citristrip stripping gel & Mother's mag & aluminum polish.

I always start with the Citristrip stripping gel to remove any old clearcoat. Then determine how much work you may need to do with steel wool to rid the metal of other unsightly issues. Try not to make any deep scores, keep it light and repetitive. Get it nice and consitent, then start working with the Mother's and some new polishing rags.

Pro tip that will save you some elbow grease; Lay a folded towel on the floor and place a polishing rag or soft Tshirt over that. Actaully, two sets of these, an initial to gather metal buildup (good for doing the actual polishing work and knocking down the irregularities) and a second as a sort of "rinse" for an additional polish stage that sort of cleans up residue. After you apply the polish and work it into a black paste, hold the driver by the frame and stand over it while you twist it back and forth on the polish rag/Tshirt, maintaining a true center axis for the motor. It will keep the polish action in a circular motion. Just keep doing this over and over until you have the results you're after. Also, keep using the same rag to apply the polish.

If you plan to expose this to the elements where it will experience condensation, you may consider applying a nice clearcoat over your beautiful polish job. And don't touch the metal afterwards, fingerprints will etch into the raw metal.

Citristrip stripping gel & Mother's mag & aluminum polish.
I always start with the Citristrip stripping gel to remove any old clearcoat. Then determine how much work you may need to do with steel wool to rid the metal of other unsightly issues. Try not to make any deep scores, keep it light and repetitive. Get it nice and consitent, then start working with the Mother's and some new polishing rags.

Pro tip that will save you some elbow grease; Lay a folded towel on the floor and place a polishing rag or soft Tshirt over that. Actaully, two sets of these, an initial to gather metal buildup (good for doing the actual polishing work and knocking down the irregularities) and a second as a sort of "rinse" for an additional polish stage that sort of cleans up residue. After you apply the polish and work it into a black paste, hold the driver by the frame and stand over it while you twist it back and forth on the polish rag/Tshirt, maintaining a true center axis for the motor. It will keep the polish action in a circular motion. Just keep doing this over and over until you have the results you're after. Also, keep using the same rag to apply the polish.

If you plan to expose this to the elements where it will experience condensation, you may consider applying a nice clearcoat over your beautiful polish job. And don't touch the metal afterwards, fingerprints will etch into the raw metal.
Muchos gracias!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NSTALN

10+ year member
Dismember
NSTALN
Manchester, NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date