CT Sounds Meso 8's in 03 Tundra

Boomintempo
10+ year member

<---Old tempo setup, lol
Well, so far this has been a fail. The manufacturer recommended .3 cubic feet for each sub in a sealed enclosure, but that has not worked out so great. I decided to start this thread for anyone who is curious about these subs, and to follow my journey.

Worst case scenario is that I'll just get rid of the subs and go with what I had originally planned on purchasing...best case scenario, a ported box will do wonder's for these little monsters.

On to the pics!!

Getting ready!

JoRmCMH.jpg

Head Unit without stupid plastic spacer thingy's....

fjKz3o0.jpg

Was wanting to mound amps behind the rear seat...no way, there's no room!

6KFwGti.jpg

Where I'm going to put the subs...

WsCJyBR.jpg

Seats are out!

rn8s9Je.jpg

One door panel is off...thankfully the speakers that fit my VW fit this truck!!

sQd6KvN.jpg

Stock door speaker...thankfully not riveted in like my stupid VW

ql982xJ.jpg

Door Tweeter...the same size as my infinity!! Woot!

LHypSnz.jpg

Getting everything ready...the pioneer's didn't fit, but the infinities do, woohoo!!

7YmKUTM.jpg

One door almost done....

5eK5mHX.jpg

Access cab door...thankfully the pioneer speakers fit perfectly!

pnyPt5Y.jpg

Ahhh, much better...

OMecHUA.jpg

Infinity on the far left, pioneer on the fair right...the infinities sound way better, even though they're smaller!

0FT9mdH.jpg

Sub box...uhhhggg, what a waste of time, sounds like I don't even have subs...

MG9NQdm.jpg

My son, "helping"

5TELabf.jpg

Wiring through the door jam...had to get a little creative!!

4LWocbt.jpg

Pulling up the carpet, getting ready to run power/ground/RCA's/Remote...

r20FtfK.jpg

What a mess!!

ICQj1OO.jpg

Mmmm...stupid cover/spacer thingy installed...no more gap's!

L6raBXG.jpg

My son...helping again, hah

uz4M3YA.jpg

Freddy's Ice cream break!!

kk9CejD.jpg

6TEH6ku.jpg

Thank you toyota for the nice grommet!!

4g9ZvgM.jpg

Moofers....

tzCA24J.jpg

Ahhhh...I'll never go sealed again....

ebvIS92.jpg

Annnnd, a waste of time. My door speakers are louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

EAWlLNH.jpg

I'll build a ported box for these moofers, cuz right now I'm not impressed....I'm pretty upset actually. I really hope a ported box makes these bad boys shine!!!!

Suks that it's not up to par for you. Subs look pretty beefy. I'm sure a different box will make you happy.
I hope so, I mean my door speakers have more bass! I've never had this happen before...certainly a little frustrating!!

**** some beefy 8's tho. Stang will hook u up for a design for those subs.

Your doing this entirely on your own?! You mean....you didn't hire some random person from Craigslist to install it for ya?! lol

**** some beefy 8's tho. Stang will hook u up for a design for those subs.
Your doing this entirely on your own?! You mean....you didn't hire some random person from Craigslist to install it for ya?! lol
Haha!!....although, it'd probably sound the same if I had!! Maybe a little more fire action though.

I will keep this thread updated too....I have a better battery on the way, and a singer alternator. Next year I'll add some sound deadening....sooooo, yeah, look for that next year, hah. Enlisted folks don't make that much money!

I hope so, I mean my door speakers have more bass! I've never had this happen before...certainly a little frustrating!!
I hear ya buddy. Agree on hitting up stang he will hook you up. Maybe a small tline

Cool beans.

Keep up the good work and pics.

I too will be running a single 8 in my s10 which I will start soon.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

btw, any idea of weight on those subs?

Cool beans.
Keep up the good work and pics.

I too will be running a single 8 in my s10 which I will start soon.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

btw, any idea of weight on those subs?
Thanks!! Good luck with the single 8, hopefully it's enough for you!

I'd say each sub weighs about 25lbs, which agrees with amazon, haha. https://www.amazon.com/CT-Sounds-Meso-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B01MQ6H4RF/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1487646762&amp;sr=8-10&amp;keywords=ct+sounds+meso+2.0

did you try reversing the polarity of the subs to ensure they are not out of phase with the other drivers? how much power are you running to the subs?

did you try reversing the polarity of the subs to ensure they are not out of phase with the other drivers? how much power are you running to the subs?
I have not tried reversing the polarity. I know the subs are in phase, as they both move the same direction and actually move quite a bit! They actually have a ton of movement, just no sound. I'll try to post a video tomorrow.

I don't mean the polarity of the subs in regards to each other , the polarity compared to the door drivers. even with a hpf having your midbass drivers out of phase with the subs can cause cancellation.

for instance if you get less bass when your run the subs with the doors compared to when you run the doors alone could be caused by phase

I don't mean the polarity of the subs in regards to each other , the polarity compared to the door drivers. even with a hpf having your midbass drivers out of phase with the subs can cause cancellation.
for instance if you get less bass when your run the subs with the doors compared to when you run the doors alone could be caused by phase
Hmmm...I'll double check, everything should be in phase. It certainly blows my mind though, as the subs are moving a lot but there is added bass with the subs. I'll have to try when I get home. Thanks for the tip!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.