CT Sounds Meso 8's in 03 Tundra

if you wanted a flat response Id do .7 tuned to 33
I appreciate you digging into this for me! I just can't believe there is NO OUTPUT from the subs. Like, they're moving, but no bass. I double checked my wiring before putting the subs in the box, and even double checked at the leads coming out of the box to make sure I have 4 ohms...but, maybe I messed up the wiring somehow in the box? I'm extremely tempted to pull the subs out and check my wiring again, even though I do read 4 ohms. It is a PITA getting those subs into such a small box with all the of the speaker wire too, blech.

Another thing I'm thinking, is maybe the box is too small? I mean, the subs say they have .08 cubic feet of displacement...but maybe that's wrong? They're pretty beefy for only .08 cubic feet of displacement...

on second thought yea these woofers sealed will ****. they would do nicely in a transmission line or a smaller ported box. i think 1.5 tuned to 33 with one 4" areo would work fine. Id use a 6" areo if you can get the tuning right though..

on second thought yea these woofers sealed will ****. they would do nicely in a transmission line or a smaller ported box. i think 1.5 tuned to 33 with one 4" areo would work fine. Id use a 6" areo if you can get the tuning right though..
It just blows my mind, I had someone else listen with the subs on and subs off, and they even said there was no difference. I figured my rear view mirror and side mirrors would at least be vibrating...but nothing.

So back to a 1.5 ported @33hz? I've never used an aero port, I've always used PVC (I think I have 4" and 6" PVC in my garage)...

My 8s are obviously ported, but my 2 8s, which are less beefy than those CTs are still doing like 140. That isnt "loud" but its loud enough to not mistake it for quiet? Lol if that makes sense. You should be around 140 on yours ported. But as much bass as a mid, is like 120 on a termlab. Those are people running like 1 6.5" on 100w...

Good ported box, they'll pound

So after got home for work, I decided to give the sub woofers one last look before building a whole new box. What I had discovered upon pulling the subs out, is that one of the speaker wires got pinched off due to so little clearance. If you notice from my pictures, I doubled the baffle, and I believe the speaker wires hit that since the sub is so stout! What I had to do when putting the subs back into the enclosure this time is get the wires as flat as possible against the subwoofer so they wouldn't get pinched off.

I'm happy to say that this set up is amazing, and works great!! I'm definitely happy with these subs and how well they perform in such a small enclosure.

Regardless of that....i think you should still do ported
....stop tempting me.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I still can't believe that one of the speaker wires pinched off...I mean, they're a **** tight fit, but ****!

did just 1 coil on one of the 8's get disconnected? earlier said phase wasn't an issue and the speakers were moving the same directions, but if one was completely disconnected they wouldn't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.