Here we go again...another build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Got a new truck(new to me 07 trailblazer) and decided to do a build again. Went with two x 15s and for power starting with a cab 1600 with plans of another one in the future strapped. For 199$ I'm curious to see what it can do. Will be doing the big three and running some 2/0 welding cable for power and adding a second batt when I get some more coin saved up. Box is going to be 10 cubes after displacements with a 10" aero tuned to 30hz. Box will be subs up port back triple baffle 3/4 birch ply(Home Depot birch not real Baltic) with 1" dowel rods for bracing. Then for mids and highs will be starting with 4 pwx 6.5s I've had collecting dust for a while and a set of sts-1 teewters. Figuring out my 4 channel I want to run. Have a brand new hifonics 1250.4? That's been on my shelf for a few months now that was a gift but hifonics......I guess for now will work but maybe a 1100.4 in the future? But anyways here's a couple pics and will update as I build once it warms up up here in mi. (Trying to add more pics but having issues on my phone and no computer)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has some spare sundown 15 gaskets pm me with a price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If anyone has some spare sundown 15 gaskets pm me with a price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm sure we have lots laying around at the shop. I'll look next time I'm there if I remember. Brandon has had 4 zv4 15s and 4 nsv3 15s and four team 15s and just threw the gaskets somewhere so they just collecting dust if no one threw them in the dumpster

I should be back over in bay city next few weeks here. Know I don't need em but it's bugging me without. And I'm going to flush mount them so would probably look nice with them. Thanks Nate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Port came in. Shout out audibleengineering.com on the beast!!

10" port with mega flare. Box was too big on mock up so gonna have to do 9 cubes after displacements and bracing tuned to 32 with 8.75ish inches of port per cube. Will these x15s still dig down to mid 20s at 32hz tuning? And anyways mids and highs on deck ready to go in. Got a chance to grab some door pods if they will fit(thanks for the heads up hertz) so might wind up doing 4 6.5s if the fit. We're off the hhr and hopefully fit enough on my trailblazer doors where I can make em look good if they clear the seats. Got a bunch of wire coming and then will do a box when it warms up a little and post pics as I build. Gonna try and do everything I can myself but.....maybe i should hire a intaller guy off Craigslist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif or....if I run into a rough spot maybe pay less than a Craigslist guy amd support a bad@ss shop (shout out altimate auto that builds some beast @ss trucks) for less than he would charge and I wouldn't have to show them how to do it and baby sit to teach them lol. Wiring is my weakness. Not cscstang by any level but every box gets better and better (posted a pic of the box I did for my controlto 15) did 145 at 29hz and 142 at 26hz on a bc2000 in my f150. I like them low lowz. Doing big three on my own if I can figure it out which should be able to. Question though. For a 2nd batt do I run a pos and neg run from front batt posts to rear batt posts then attach amp grounds and positives to rear batt positive and negatives from front posts. And wil that be it? No need to ground batts or amps to the car it self? Noob to wiring my own stuff normally pay altimate but if I can do it my self that just means more funds to more gear:) but here's pics of the stuff towards the build.

So had a few minutes today and got box started and ripped out the factory speakers(and cleaned what looks like the previous owner murdered animals or something, was gross) in the dash and threw in some powerbass 3.5s and pretty impressed for 30$ speakers. Speakers reflecting off the window is not going to be permanent but for now had a amazon gift card and figured why not. Also got holes cut for the box, went with the exact same wood as lowes or Home Depot "birch ply" just minus the 1/8 of a inch of birch layer. Flex sealed the edges inside then used rattle can bedliner just to give it a little extra something in there. Will be adding 1 1/2" dowel rod and 1" rod for bracing. Port just got sanded and getting another coat or two then cleared. Going to use wood filler on any areas needed on the box then sand all smooth and pretty and paint it a hammered silver. Box is 9.5 cubes after displacements tuned to 32hz. I like to tune personly to 28-29 just because of what I listen to mainly, should get down though. And that's a 10" aeroport. Going to be a long slow build. Wife will be having surgery (nothing major but still expensive) so had to put my play money towards that. Will update as I continue to build and install.

Here's the nasty @ss stock speakers that went.

And box so far. Just in the early stages.

The white is a failed attempt at plasti dipping the dustcaps lol. Lesson learned.... new 8" ones coming from fixmyspeaker with some red sundown 7" logos coming off eBay to match. Going with a silver and red theme since my trucks silver.

And circle is a little off because somebody forgot that the side of the box come in 3/4 of a inch lol. So had to move it in a little before cutting.

Debating on trying to flush mount the subs and port....my jigsaw game is weak.have a peice cut same size as the double baffle so would be triple baffle flush mount if I can pull it off.

Got my 8" dustcaps on the x15s. Red sundown logos to match the box. Firsts attempt at door pods and while I'm pleased there's room for improvement. Next sunny day going to resin with my smd sunflash. No mixing but is pricey. When I resin the fleece do I add chop mat and the other fiber glass mat all at the same time while wet and let dry as one? Tweets are crescendo sts-1 and three in each front door and doing one per back door with a pwx 8 in each back door. Front is two pwx 6.5s and 1 pwx 8. Mids will be powered at 2ohms per channel on a ppi 900.4 and tweeters 2 ohms a channel on a Ct sounds 75.4 side note have a hifonics 4 channel brand new for 60$ plus shipping if anyone wants(pm me a number and I'll text pics) will update as the build continues. Will have grandma chilling at the house for two weeks up from Florida(I grew up in riverview on south side of Tampa kinda) so progress will be slow. Will keep updating as I build.

Remember guys my first time EVER glassine pods so be gentle please.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.