CT Sounds 4000.1 Blown...

I agree amps shouldn't be going into protect regularly, they were being pushed for all they had before going thermal and power back up fine which I did not expect lol.. that was not the case with the CT amp though. Hopefully CT can tell me what the cause was so I can prevent it, as it should still be covered by warrantee.. do they repair the amp or replace it?
It'll be replaced but also diagnosed before. Whether or not they will be able to tell you what they think happened is a question I cannot answer at this time though, as I have not asked it in the past because I know what has damaged the products I've returned for warranty.

I obviously can't speculate but I'll offer this... it doesn't matter whether or not you were listening to a song you've listened to before when it blew, just as it doesn't matter if you were driving down the same road you drive every day when your car breaks down. In both cases, there is a cause and whether that cause was manufacturer's defect or some event that happened minutes, days, weeks or months before the break down, it did happen.

That said, I would go over all the wiring thoroughly before putting any other amp back in use.

It'll be replaced but also diagnosed before. Whether or not they will be able to tell you what they think happened is a question I cannot answer at this time though, as I have not asked it in the past because I know what has damaged the products I've returned for warranty.
I obviously can't speculate but I'll offer this... it doesn't matter whether or not you were listening to a song you've listened to before when it blew, just as it doesn't matter if you were driving down the same road you drive every day when your car breaks down. In both cases, there is a cause and whether that cause was manufacturer's defect or some event that happened minutes, days, weeks or months before the break down, it did happen.

That said, I would go over all the wiring thoroughly before putting any other amp back in use.
I see what your saying, it was just really upsetting when it first happened as I wasn't pushing the amp at all and I have pushed those other amps way harder and they still run strong. I just realize I must baby this amp as it doesn't have the same protection capabilities, although it does have power. If it was from vibration then idk what they expect when running this much power... Will my replacement vibrate apart in a few months use?.. Has anyone that's not a dealer had one of these last more than a few months?

Fused within 18 inches of each battery and had a breaker before splitting the 2/0 gauge into the power of the amp. Full EB flex 2/0 gauge from alt to batteries to amp, never saw low or high voltage and was clamped at an output that the amp should be able to do all day. But you knew that seeing as your question was rhetorical right?
I am just going to have it repaired and find a mounting location rather than in my trunk, the subs are facing forward and the amp behind it.. Id be surprised if vibration was the cause, hopefully CT can tell me the cause so I can prevent it.

The amp should still be covered under warrantee, so ima get it repaired and run my mmats in the mean time.. The CT amp was amazing so I hope it was just a flaw that can be fixed.. what are the chances it is repaired better than original? lol
FWIW I took the time to look through your previous posts about having a small trunked volvo and had issues fitting 2 batteries in the trunk with like 4cu ft? Any pics of your setup by chance cause CT will take care of you directly no matter what under the warranty if you contact them right away. Pre-sale is still covered as I just had 1 replaced not long ago at all.

FWIW I took the time to look through your previous posts about having a small trunked volvo and had issues fitting 2 batteries in the trunk with like 4cu ft? Any pics of your setup by chance cause CT will take care of you directly no matter what under the warranty if you contact them right away. Pre-sale is still covered as I just had 1 replaced not long ago at all.
Ill make a video once I get the new amp in, I already pulled the old one out and going to ship it out today or tomorrow. Mike at CT sounds made it sound like the replacement would be no problem, and I was surprised he didn't even ask what I thought the cause was. I wonder if they all have similar problems, like a defect or something. Although the warrantee does say no questions asked, so maybe that is why no inquiry was made.

Paul Kim has a repair tech by the name of Jeremy Brandon out of Cali, so yes they still have a warranty
Was paul kim selling them cheaper behind CTs back or whats the deal there?.. I have heard rumors, but haven't looked into it much.

Was paul kim selling them cheaper behind CTs back or whats the deal there?.. I have heard rumors, but haven't looked into it much.
Pay no attention to that ignorance. A warranty is one where all you do is pay a minimal "coverage" fee or shipping fee. This repair tech that he speaks of is simply that, just a repair tech. He will charge you the full cost of the repair plus shipping both ways. CT will have you pay a flat 60 bucks and only have you ship it to them. They pay shipping back.

Pay no attention to that ignorance. A warranty is one where all you do is pay a minimal "coverage" fee or shipping fee. This repair tech that he speaks of is simply that, just a repair tech. He will charge you the full cost of the repair plus shipping both ways. CT will have you pay a flat 60 bucks and only have you ship it to them. They pay shipping back.
Alright cool.. I hope mike gets back to me soon, I sent him pics of the S/N and proof of purchase. Just waiting on a response.

Alright cool.. I hope mike gets back to me soon, I sent him pics of the S/N and proof of purchase. Just waiting on a response.
Make sure to call them if they don't get back to you in a timely fashion. By timely fashion I mean 48-72 hours.

(832) 610-2040 is their support number I believe. I got an answer right away when I called.

Make sure to call them if they don't get back to you in a timely fashion. By timely fashion I mean 48-72 hours.
(832) 610-2040 is their support number I believe. I got an answer right away when I called.
I got email confirmation saying the amp is good to send in for replacement, I will drop it off tomorrow to be shipped.

So I don't know if I already got a solid answer, but can someone that's knows tell me whether it will be repaired or replaced?

I got email confirmation saying the amp is good to send in for replacement, I will drop it off tomorrow to be shipped.So I don't know if I already got a solid answer, but can someone that's knows tell me whether it will be repaired or replaced?
I have yet to hear of a case where they repair these amps. It is almost always a replacement of a brand new amp.

Paul Kim has a repair tech by the name of Jeremy Brandon out of Cali, so yes they still have a warranty
The amps from Paul Kim carry no warranty.

Jeremy is the authorized repair guy for the amps out in California. You WILL pay for the cost of the repair + shipping to and fro

That's not a warranty

The amps from Paul Kim carry no warranty.
Jeremy is the authorized repair guy for the amps out in California. You WILL pay for the cost of the repair + shipping to and fro

That's not a warranty
Thanks, but this isn't a paul kim amp so please keep that debate out of here lol.. don't need this getting heated or anything.

At the price they build these for in China vs. MSRP they're meant to be disposable.
So in your opinion, what amps aren't garbage?.. thinking about selling the new CT I get, not sure yet tho. Thinking about running my mmats 3500.05 until I make up my mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.