Crutchfield is awesomesauce!

Motley
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so I just ordered a single Alpine 12" Type-S SWS-12D4 from Crutchfield for $149. It's on its way still. So today I look at Sonic and notice the same sub is on sale for $79. I was stunned a little on the price. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45529_Alpine-Type-S-SWS-12D4.html

So I told Crutchfield about it, and they price matched, and refunded me $70. Crutchfield customer service is simply outstanding, they really didn't have to price match on this, but they did.

I typically have no problem paying a 10% premium to buy from Crutchfield because they have been on point with customer service and good phone support. We were ordering stuff from them when I was in high school in the late 80s.... they're doing something consistently right.

Ok so I just ordered a single Alpine 12" Type-S SWS-12D4 from Crutchfield for $149. It's on its way still. So today I look at Sonic and notice the same sub is on sale for $79. I was stunned a little on the price. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45529_Alpine-Type-S-SWS-12D4.html
So I told Crutchfield about it, and they price matched, and refunded me $70. Crutchfield customer service is simply outstanding, they really didn't have to price match on this, but they did.
best buy had them for $74 last week.. but at least u got some $ back

So what about all the people who didn't catch the better price and got screwed by Crutchfield? They price high because so many people won't look to see if there is a cheaper one.

So what about all the people who didn't catch the better price and got screwed by Crutchfield? They price high because so many people won't look to see if there is a cheaper one.
Free two/three day shipping and the best tech support out there is what you get with Crutchfield + 60 Day returns that they actually honor. Won’t get that from Sonic in the same way, even if they say so

You originally paid a buck fifty for a type s? Your could of got a type r for that. Hindsight is 20/20 tho

Free two/three day shipping and the best tech support out there is what you get with Crutchfield + 60 Day returns that they actually honor. Won’t get that from Sonic in the same way, even if they say so
Precisely. They are also one of the best sites to do research for car audio builds, speaker sizes, head unit specs, things of that nature. I used to enjoy their catalogues back in the day.

Precisely. They are also one of the best sites to do research for car audio builds, speaker sizes, head unit specs, things of that nature. I used to enjoy their catalogues back in the day.
yeah i used them to show peeps specs on hu's that we at the stereo shop sold for less than they did it was funny..

Yes I know customer service like this is rare, I was fully expecting my request to price match to be shot down instantly. But I reminded them I was a long time customer and spent lots of money there.

I like crutchfield because of their well designed website. You put in you car info, and it matches everything for you, very cool. Also like reading their reviews.

I don't understand why someone would say the customer is getting screwed because of their higher prices. Consumers today have so many options to save money. If someone is willing to pay more for the product, who cares. Their customer service is top notch and I've purchased multiple products from them at a price noone else could beat.

I don't understand why someone would say the customer is getting screwed because of their higher prices. Consumers today have so many options to save money. If someone is willing to pay more for the product, who cares. Their customer service is top notch and I've purchased multiple products from them at a price noone else could beat.
Just presenting the idea to him. He's so happy that he got a price match and praising crutchfield for it. What would have been amazing would be if crutchfield noticed the lower price and price matched him on their own.

Just presenting the idea to him. He's so happy that he got a price match and praising crutchfield for it. What would have been amazing would be if crutchfield noticed the lower price and price matched him on their own.
They had no idea, in fact when I notified them about it (via chat), the sales rep was stunned a little and took a few minutes to verify, he initially thought it could be a typo or something on sonix. I don't think any retailer out there has the ability to automatically scan other retailer's site for pricing info. Never heard of your scenario, sounds kinda strange too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motley

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Motley
Denver, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date