Crutchfield is awesomesauce!

They had no idea, in fact when I notified them about it (via chat), the sales rep was stunned a little and took a few minutes to verify, he initially thought it could be a typo or something on sonix. I don't think any retailer out there has the ability to automatically scan other retailer's site for pricing info. Never heard of your scenario, sounds kinda strange too.
as i said> u coulda shopped at got 1 from best buy for $75 and paid for their warranty and got sub replaced for like $16 if it breaks.. or for the price u paid u coulda got a fu 750 (if u have ported box) or image dynamics or dayton (if sealed) for the $ u were paying at 1st..

as i said> u coulda shopped at got 1 from best buy for $75 and paid for their warranty and got sub replaced for like $16 if it breaks.. or for the price u paid u coulda got a fu 750 (if u have ported box) or image dynamics or dayton (if sealed) for the $ u were paying at 1st..
Maybe he didn't want an fu,id,or a dayton . Maybe he wanted an Alpine type s. I would have to assume he did since that's what he purchased.

I use crutchfield a lot. Some of their prices are higher some are on par sometimes even lower. Brought a couple of infinity k600 mono amps recently that were actually lower then anywhere else on the web at the time. I've sent a few things back. They've always sent me a replacement right away and given me a couple of weeks to send original item back.

I actually like the type s. It all depends on what OP was after.
I've got a pair of type s 15s from a previous vehicle. I was pretty happy with them especially for the price. They'll be going in an old grand Marquis when I find the time to install everything.

I've got a pair of type s 15s from a previous vehicle. I was pretty happy with them especially for the price. They'll be going in an old grand Marquis when I find the time to install everything.
Exactly. I've always like Alpine in general. Could be seen as overpriced for some items but they don't catalog buy like a lot of other cheaper options.

I actually like the type s. It all depends on what OP was after.
yeah just saying cheaper almost everywhere else.. i got my hu at crutchfield but it was on sale.. yeah i tried a pair of polk 12's like 16 yrs ago and sent them back (sounded like 8's) no problems returning but only got them because of crazy sale.. wouldn't have bought them or had to send them back if weren't on sale.. as i said i was looking at s at bb couple weeks ago myself because they were $75..

i thought shake shack made awesomesauce :/
no u are thinking of that **** site u always on

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I wanted the Alpine Type S. I'm not really a huge audiophile, I would consider myself a midlevel, I like rock music with subs that have tight accurate bass (sealed box usually).

I don't spend huge amounts of money on car audio. I have never owned more than say a total of 12 subs in my life as an adult car owner.

I had some JL's in the past, they were great just expensive. Had some RF's subs that were good with rock music at a reasonable price.. Had some alpine subs too like 5 years ago. I'm recently re-doing my entire system. HU, front/rear door speakers, sub, amps, and even some sound deadner. The last time I purchased any car audio equipment was over two years ago, so I'm itch'n for some cool STUFF yo.

Yes I wanted the Alpine Type S. I'm not really a huge audiophile, I would consider myself a midlevel, I like rock music with subs that have tight accurate bass (sealed box usually).
I don't spend huge amounts of money on car audio. I have never owned more than say a total of 12 subs in my life as an adult car owner.

I had some JL's in the past, they were great just expensive. Had some RF's subs that were good with rock music at a reasonable price.. Had some alpine subs too like 5 years ago. I'm recently re-doing my entire system. HU, front/rear door speakers, sub, amps, and even some sound deadner. The last time I purchased any car audio equipment was over two years ago, so I'm itch'n for some cool STUFF yo.
Did the subs that played rock music have Kiss style face paint or long hair?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motley

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Motley
Denver, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date