Critical mass speakers

gmctrucks

Feb 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Guys yesterday I nearly bought some 4X6 speakers for $179.00 are these speakers really that good good the model is Reference SS46???

Thanks! RJ

Remember guys I’m using my front speakers that I have right now for highs so I don’t thing I would be letting these other speakers do it what they should or what would you guys do?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Guys yesterday I nearly bought some 4X6 speakers for $179.00 are these speakers really that good good the model is Reference SS46???Thanks! RJ

Remember guys I’m using my front speakers that I have right now for highs so I don’t thing I would be letting these other speakers do it what they should or what would you guys do?
Is Critical Mass still around? Their 12" sub was very nice by all accounts but everything was wildly over-priced and their amps were just off-the-shelf Korean boards with a bunch of fancy marketing hype and 10X inflated price tag. I'd expect their component/coaxial speakers are no better than Alpine/JBL/Kicker.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Guys yesterday I nearly bought some 4X6 speakers for $179.00 are these speakers really that good good the model is Reference SS46???Thanks! RJ

And you’ll get outbid on EBay by the people selling them in the end every time because they put in a bid at the lowest they will take for them instead of having a reserve on their stuff ....Metro Holding has been doing it for years on eBay

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Is Critical Mass still around? Their 12" sub was very nice by all accounts but everything was wildly over-priced and their amps were just off-the-shelf Korean boards with a bunch of fancy marketing hype and 10X inflated price tag. I'd expect their component/coaxial speakers are no better than Alpine/JBL/Kicker.
I use to run a pair of the UL12s in my Mustang on a DD M3

OP
G

gmctrucks

Feb 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
And you’ll get outbid on EBay by the people selling them in the end every time because they put in a bid at the lowest they will take for them instead of having a reserve on their stuff ....Metro Holding has been doing it for years on eBay
They didn’t sell last night and they reposted them but if they are as good as my MA Audio or MB Quart speakers im passing on them.

LosIsATool

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
They didn’t sell last night and they reposted them but if they are as good as my MA Audio or MB Quart speakers im passing on them.
The real MB Quartz of some of the best drivers ever made. Their new name is German Mestero

evilmonstertruk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2014
Maryland
The real MB Quartz of some of the best drivers ever made. Their new name is German Mestero
Your right about that. My older brother has some that I have been trying to get for a long time.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
At that price, you can get audiofrog, german maestro, hybrid audio technologies, focal, audison, mosconi etc... Actual proven names that will stomp the sh*t out of this idiot snake oil brand.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I have some of the real Quarts in my collection //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif and some of the fake Quarts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana

What setup are you currently running in your truck ?

Papermaker85

Banned
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
You liked the critical mass woofers? I'd pass on the gimmicks bullshit. Back then the audio moble Evo was pretty bomb and so was the orginal XXX and Brahma.. I h as ve a XXX 18 it jammed but the coils ******. Had a blown coil in a few days and I never smell anything

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
You liked the critical mass woofers? I'd pass on the gimmicks bullshit. Back then the audio moble Evo was pretty bomb and so was the orginal XXX and Brahma.. I h as ve a XXX 18 it jammed but the coils ******. Had a blown coil in a few days and I never smell anything
They sounded pretty good ..I don’t have the UL12 but I still have 7 Critical Mass subs and a pair of the RS6s all are for sale but one of the subs ..I also have an original RE XXX 18s for sale

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
They're STILL doing that !!?!?

OP
G

gmctrucks

Feb 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have some of the real Quarts in my collection //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif and some of the fake Quarts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I found this info so your sayings these are the real ones to buy??

Thanks! RJ

Speakers German MAESTRO CC 6908 - German MAESTRO speakers - Speakers

Mine I bought are from Japan I heard they moved shop?

But to me my MA Audio 4X6 speakers sound better.

OP
G

gmctrucks

Feb 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
My truck is a 1993 F/S GMC Ext/Cab so up front I’m running some 4X6 MA Audio speakers and where my back speakers were I have some 6X9 Cerwin Vega IT-693 I bought them some months ago but I just put them in these speakers we’re new old stock from what I found on them they were good which I agree for running my mids and highs and for my Sub it’s a Kicker I don’t boom much I just like some bass I’m a older fart my amps is a 4 channel JBL pushing my front and back speakers my Sub is being pushed by a old skool Fosgate my HU is a Alpine CDA-9857 it’s a older unit but I like it I just use it to play my iPods shoot one has over 16k songs I listen to a little bit of all kinds of music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I found this info so your sayings these are the real ones to buy??Thanks! RJ

Speakers German MAESTRO CC 6908 - German MAESTRO speakers - Speakers

Mine I bought are from Japan I heard they moved shop?

But to me my MA Audio 4X6 speakers sound better.
If your MAs sound good I’d keep running those ..the older MA stuff is pretty nice ..I have a few pieces ..I’m not sure if your 4x6 are plates two separate speakers or the football shaped with one in the middle two way but either way they are pretty nice the hk is their best series

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds