Critical mass speakers

This stuff is JUNK!! It's flea market crap!! No audio store will have it because you get ZERO warranty. Metro holdings is a SCAM they bid on their own listings and ya got a group of about 10 scammers that leave good reviews-- you've been warned this **** is JUNK
Good thing the champ weighed in to educate us 🙄

Last edited:
I beg to differ. I'm an old rocker as well and I've used it all. Critical mass is top notch in my opinion. The only thing I've used that's close in comparison is rainbow and like I said it's second best. I'm running some 6.5 components on a bridged cm amp and I guarantee you if I were to replace them with any other brand they wouldn't last 20 seconds and smoke would fill the air. I don't know of another brand that can handle 400rms and 500 peak. I don't know of a sub that will out perform my ul12's....... Prove me wrong

I beg to differ. I'm an old rocker as well and I've used it all. Critical mass is top notch in my opinion. The only thing I've used that's close in comparison is rainbow and like I said it's second best. I'm running some 6.5 components on a bridged cm amp and I guarantee you if I were to replace them with any other brand they wouldn't last 20 seconds and smoke would fill the air. I don't know of another brand that can handle 400rms and 500 peak. I don't know of a sub that will out perform my ul12's....... Prove me wrong
You have any pics available? What Model are the speakers? What amplifier?

CM has that marketing scam down to a science. Not saying the end product isn't any good, on the contrary, but at Focal/Morel prices, I'll take Focal or Morel any day of the week and twice on Sundays. They list all their products as Buy it Now as well as auctions too. The Buy it Now is wildly inflated and of course, nobody ever purchases the product at those ridiculous prices. BUT... when you like what you see and query the product number, the bidding bid-for listings show up at ridiculously low prices - let the fun begin! I've always suspected that they rig those too, way too many people bidding on these pricey items, all the time, creates a false sense of urgency that makes people think, man, must be good! Then again, there's a new sucker born every day. Too bad eBay doesn't shut dealers like them down. In the end, the trusting consumer is the loser. So, yeah if you purchased CM, you likely got a halfway decent product and paid WAY too much for it.

Last edited:
Several years ago, I bought a pair of CM 6.5 coaxial speakers on auction on eBay for a very good price ( $75.00 ). It was Christmas Eve night and my guess is that the normal people who always bid up those auctions at the end were not working that night.
Long story short, they were junk. Good tweeters but the mid bass was extremely lacking. They sounded like they had a 250hz high pass crossover installed when running full range. Then they lasted less than two weeks before they blew. Returned through eBay and bought some Focals.

I know I've said this before, and I have searched and couldn't find it, but I swear the reason they have those asinine prices is because some professional athlete, I want to say a football player, was on the cover of a magazine bragging about how he spent... IIRC it was $88K on his system. It was all critical mass. It wasn't some ridiculous amount of speakers either. I want to say this was some time in the 90s.

I want to say it was about $2-$3k worth of equipment at the time, and the loudmouth football player (IIRC he was known for it) just got screwed over by the shop. As in they charged him an $85K markup. After that CM raised the prices to something ridiculous which some are still trying to do.. It's not that it's complete crap, it was average at the time, maybe a little better, but that one idiot drove the prices up for scumbag dealers that are willing to profit off it.

I can almost picture it. I want to say it was a convertible bentley, or maybe a convertible rolls royce. I can almost picture the big bubble shape with the top down.

Last edited:
Several years ago, I bought a pair of CM 6.5 coaxial speakers on auction on eBay for a very good price ( $75.00 ). It was Christmas Eve night and my guess is that the normal people who always bid up those auctions at the end were not working that night.
Long story short, they were junk. Good tweeters but the mid bass was extremely lacking. They sounded like they had a 250hz high pass crossover installed when running full range. Then they lasted less than two weeks before they blew. Returned through eBay and bought some Focals.
Hmmm... Maybe Markboil40 is actually a CM eBay bidder/disrupter on his lunch break...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...