crappy day

Did he wire up just one coil off each sub? That would explain why he was only able to short one coil on each sub.

Did you see how he was wired? How did the rest of the deal go? Did he return them to you for a refund?

Did he wire up just one coil off each sub? That would explain why he was only able to short one coil on each sub.
Did you see how he was wired? How did the rest of the deal go? Did he return them to you for a refund?
I wasn't their for them to be wired. Truthfully everything was out of my hands at that point. I have offered to pay for one recone though.

I sold both in working condition for $1k which I think was very fair.

I looked through our old conversation about them and didn't find a pic with DMM pics. I was trying to see if I could help you out. Happy Birthday though

I looked through our old conversation about them and didn't find a pic with DMM pics. I was trying to see if I could help you out. Happy Birthday though
All good my man. The recones aren't too spendy. They did play fine for 30+ seconds lol

I told him if it happens on the recones he's on his own though. He's had bad luck with gear lately so I figure I'll help him out anyway

Just curious, who bought the subs? A member here?
Local guy to me.

I offered him an AQ 3500, two minty sundown x's and $ for the IA's back. He's thinking on it. Otherwise I just spend the $160 on a recone for him and be done with it

Crappy day for sure. It would be a crappy day for him if it were me though. Just saying. Items are sold as is. No returns. No exceptions. Luckily I've never had any issues with anything bought or sold.

Local guy to me.
I offered him an AQ 3500, two minty sundown x's and $ for the IA's back. He's thinking on it. Otherwise I just spend the $160 on a recone for him and be done with it
its not the subs. im pretty sure. otherwise it would have wen into protect instantly

Coils should burn open. When he scraps the subs get some pictures of the coils.
If the former was rubbing on the pole piece and eventually wore through just a little bit, wouldn't it be possible to short to the coil? Otherwise, if they were being mechanically abused and the former got kinked, couldn't a coil short? I would think with both of these, it would be highly unlikely for the same exact thing to happen to both subs though.

If the glue breaks down due to heat, but the coil doesn't completely burn up, that would yield the possibility to short to the former. Once again though, it's unlikely that would happen to both subs. Also, that would take more time than 30 seconds I assume, to heat up the glue slowly without burning up the metal in the coils.

I'm still thinking he only wired up one coil off each sub and that's how he damaged the single coils somehow. Not sure how he got them to short without burning though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Also would like to see pics when torn out.

[quote name='Slo_Ride']@MrFoca. That's an odd post to dislike, just knew it was going to be for the second one.[/QUOTE]

Huh ? I didn't dislike anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cfox10

10+ year member
Rock the house.
cfox10
Tillamook, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date