Orion 2500 VS FSD 3800

MrFoca

CarAudio.com Veteran
MD
Ok so I cleaned up my car a bit and finished running the 4/0 from the main battery to my limitless.

So both amps were set with a DD-1 which I know some people frown upon. But this is what I have so far.

Orion 149.0

FSD 148.9

Gotta give the Orion credit it's a boss little amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and by watching voltage during demos the FSD is more of a power hog on my voltage. Not trying to smash or start any arguments just giving my head to head testing.

I did my 157 on 2 3800s at .5 each. But my good friend is a huge Orion guy and got me turned on to them. Went to TDH show and met all the big wigs from Orion and they are such awesome people. Repairing amps and subs on site. They created me like family. Paid for our rooms for 3 days and everything. Nothing bad to say about them..

I did my 157 on 2 3800s at .5 each. But my good friend is a huge Orion guy and got me turned on to them. Went to TDH show and met all the big wigs from Orion and they are such awesome people. Repairing amps and subs on site. They created me like family. Paid for our rooms for 3 days and everything. Nothing bad to say about them..

Dang. Yeah mine is only at 1. Need to different coil configuration so I strap amps to it and see what it will do. Sounds awesome about the Orion experience you had. Lucky bastage lol

makes me wanna run orion..

I could try some Orion amps as my buddy is a dealer for them so I can get good deals. But I'm wanting to try taramps,just waiting for them to be in stock.
Lucked out with both of my 2500s. Both off eBay best offer of $300 for one and $320 for the other before they raised the prices almost to $400 now.

decided to sell your TFE? why you sell it?
TFHE and it was just not enough power. It was either

1.Buy another tfhe and recones so I can wire both amps @.33ohm - $3000

2.Sell the tfhe and buy two taramps 15ks and wire each amp to .66ohm and should get hella loud. -$1900

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.