crap sound after install

You literally cant read or write. Why the fk are you trying to help on a forum when you need to go back to grade school? PRIORITIES MAN!!! Go pull a card, no nap time or recess for you today gramps.
He'll never learn. How many times has he been called out now?!

You literally cant read or write. Why the fk are you trying to help on a forum when you need to go back to grade school? PRIORITIES MAN!!! Go pull a card, no nap time or recess for you today gramps.
i don't understand u guys.. none of this would have got started if u hadn't "insulted" my link to best buy which u posted..

i don't understand u guys.. none of this would have got started if u hadn't "insulted" my link to best buy which u posted..
Because you recommend sh*t without really understanding what's going on. The 340bts is good when it is 60 bucks, but if the price jumps up to 90 dollars, you get the newer generation updated 350bts NOTE THATS A 50 NOT A 40 that gives you the wiring harness and dash kit for FREE along with updated looks and spotify control. DONT FKING HELP if you dont know exactly what's the best. You literally just regurgitate people's words (most of the times wrong) without actually looking and researching/understanding it yourself.

Ok, to clarifyPioneer DEH-150MP. head

Pioneer. GM-A4704. Amp

Pioneer TS-A460R. Speaker

Thanks for any help
That helps. Can you get pics of how you have the amp wired and position of the switches on the amp?
Could be something as simple as having it all set with a LPF. So no highs would get through. Or that you don't have the RCA's split and that particular amp may not work with just one set receiving signal, etc....

helped my kid install a new head unit, amp, speakers and sub in his chevy p/u.all the gear is low end, but the resulting sound is not good at all. the bass comes through but the treble is minimal.

the head unit has one pair of RCA outs, the Amp is four channel, I routed the speakers (He is only running 2) through channel A and bridged Channel B for the sub as per instructions.

things I know I did wrong and need to correct:

ran rca's and power together so I will separate them

grounded the AMP but did not sand the paint much, I thought the screw penetration would make the connection.

do I need to install crossovers? would appreciate any trouble shooting advice
Not necessarily true when you have a connector that's bolted/screwed on top of the metal, that still has paint on it. Needs a better contact to prevent amp issues. Has to be bare metal to bare metal. I got a few pics of my p/u also, s10 ext cab which I was experiencing an issue of turn on/turn off thump from the sub. My guess was a bad ground. And I was right. Below is a pic of the previous ground...

7cyAQ60.jpg
Barely any paint scraped. Whoever did this hackjob needs to be fired.

DijMr5c.jpg
My version of ground. And guess what, no more turn on thump. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.