crackle/distortion in mids and highs with subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

pontiacman63383

ok, i just got done istalling my new subs in my 02 grand am. they are a set of MA audio 12's with a 1000w MA amp to my panasonic HU. The problem im having is when i turn the music up i start to get a crackle/distortion from my stock mids and highs. If i leave the music at the same level and turn the HU subs output off the crackle goes away. Also if ive got the radio on with the subs on then they hit it distorts the station as well. any ideas?

turn on the HPF (high pass filter) on your headunit and set it to like 80hz. your speakers are getting frequencies they can't reproduce and as a result are distorting.

Voltage drop is causing a reduction in headroom for the HU and thus clipping. Electrical system cannot handle the new load. If it was a HPF issue then it would be there with or without subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.