Do amplified speakers recieve headunit distortion?

EmpiricalApe

CarAudio.com Regular
I remember seeing a video from barevids where he sent square waves and clipped sine waves through an Amplifier to a sub, and the output to the sub was a clean sign wave. I've also heard many other times that amplified speakers still do recieve head unit distortion. I'm going to install amplified mids and highs soon so wanted to get that straightened out.

A voltage too low will send a clipping, distorted, square signal to speakers when the volume is too high. Square is bad. It’s name suggests a round sound wave w its peak cut off. That is physical distortion of sound.
3v is an entry level voltage from a head unit. 5 is better.

A voltage too low will send a clipping, distorted, square signal to speakers when the volume is too high. Square is bad. It’s name suggests a round sound wave w its peak cut off. That is physical distortion of sound.
3v is an entry level voltage from a head unit. 5 is better.
In the video he sent square waves just for the sake of demonstration, to show the amplier was outputting clean sine waves when getting heavily distorted inputs. My question is when turning my up headunit which distorts above 30, to say 35, would that send a clipped signal to the speakers that are amplified by an external amp at rms power.

In the video he sent square waves just for the sake of demonstration, to show the amplier was outputting clean sine waves when getting heavily distorted inputs. My question is when turning my up headunit which distorts above 30, to say 35, would that send a clipped signal to the speakers that are amplified by an external amp at rms power.
I apologize if you already answered my question..I'm really high rn. I'm trying..

Look for something w at least 4v outputs. My 5v jvc I can turn all the way up w no distortion on most songs. Pandora has a decent set of recordings at very similar levels. You tube, not so much. Always have to be conscientious of your system.

I saw that video too...I turned on my bass boost (I figured that'd be enough to send a distorted signal... the next day and the clip light on my old amp came on and I could smell the coils on my old subs in pretty short order...I backed everything down before I did any real damage but my real world "test" didn't work out like barevids o scope 🤣

I saw that video too...I turned on my bass boost (I figured that'd be enough to send a distorted signal... the next day and the clip light on my old amp came on and I could smell the coils on my old subs in pretty short order...I backed everything down before I did any real damage but my real world "test" didn't work out like barevids o scope 🤣
but bass boost wouldn't really count as coming from the input tho would it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...