Horrible distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

seanprrrz

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've been installing a full skar setup in my 08 volvo c70, already ran into so many problems which ive gotten past, but now im stuck once again and dont know how to fix it.
im using the SKA7EQ from skar and I dont know whats happening to my audio but it just comes out my speakers super distorted and very low volume.
I was using one of those aftermarket china apple carplay tablets that mounts on the dash, connected it with an aux male to rca male adapter to my eq. The audio sounded horrible, completely distorted, with some tuning you could almost make out some lyrics from the music. The sound only actually was audible when the head unit was at about 28 volume out of 40. When I heard the problem i thought it was a bad signal from the aux, so i tested it out with plenty of different aux to rca adapters, lightning to rca so i could test it from my phone to my eq. Nothing worked, problem continued
Ive tested each channel and my subs with my lightning to rca through my amp and all my speakers play fine and all the wiring is good.
I just recently got a bluetooth receiver to plug into the eq which i thought couldve fixed the problem, thinking it could create a strong enough signal to send into the eq so it doesnt get scrambled, but unfortunately it did not.
Is my eq defective????
Ive already had to deal with so many problems installing this system and this is just the last thing i need to get through. Please send thoughts and advice on this im struggling and just want music in my car again

When I heard the problem i thought it was a bad signal from the aux, so i tested it out with plenty of different aux to rca adapters, lightning to rca so i could test it from my phone to my eq. Nothing worked, problem continued
It
ve tested each channel and my subs with my lightning to rca through my amp and all my speakers play fine and all the wiring is good.
So when you bypass the EQ all is good? Did you try from the radio's AUX to the amp?

Check the 3.5mm pin to see if it has 3 bands. I have carelessly bought some that have 2 and 4 bands. I have also noticed terrible sound when the pin is not fully inserted.
Yes, I even tried this, only thing the third band is for is microphone or video. I got an av 3.5mm male to rca female and a 3.5mm male to rca male, still nothing.

Last edited:
Thats why i got the apple carplay tablet for my dash, this is the link for it.
I see the tablet has BT. You can use a BT dongle straight to the amp. I use one in my home set up.
Screenshot_20220326-011832.png

This is the one I use at home. I charge it periodically
Screenshot_20230523-104900.png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...