94 bmw e36 trouble with distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Erikg223

CarAudio.com Newbie
CT
Hey all, I have a 94 bmw e36 convertible has a 10 speaker system in it with a factory alpine amp. Currently having the issues where if I put the volume over 11 on my head-unit all of the speakers distort. I changed the speaker thinking that was the problem and it was no help( replaced the front footwell 5.25 and rear 4 in skar speaker). When I read on some bmw Forms most said to remove the oem amp and put in cross overs I’ve ordered cross overs but currently spliced the 4 speaker that I’ve replaced on to the headunit amp. When that didn’t work I thought it was the headunit so I replaced it with a Kenwood kdc-bt782hd thinking that would fix the problem and that was no help. When playing with balance and fader I’ve come to the realization that the driver side speaker are the one causing distortion especially the driver front speaker. The pasanger side sound perfect clear when I balance it to that side. Any help would be appreciated.

If the amp is still connected,there is a good possibility its the amp.i had a soundstream amp once for door speakers.and for the longest,i thought i had a loose wire somewhere as my passenger door speaker would cut out going over bumps.turned out it was the amp.and it took my component tweets with it.try bypassing amp and see what happens.

If the amp is still connected,there is a good possibility its the amp.i had a soundstream amp once for door speakers.and for the longest,i thought i had a loose wire somewhere as my passenger door speaker would cut out going over bumps.turned out it was the amp.and it took my component tweets with it.try bypassing amp and see what happens.
Hey so I actually did bypass the amp already and still have the issue with the distortion on one side causing all the speaker to distort. I’m thinking now that it may be a bad wire going to the speaker as when I isolate to just the one speaker it doesn’t sound like it’s getting any power at all.

It’s a 94…. Almost 30 years old Not a brand new bmw so I mean I’m yeah I’m not gonna take it to a shop I know enough about car audio just got stumped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...